“All you need”

The Lodge at Breckenridge
Ranked #5 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was a great stop for us. Breakfast was hotel normal. 2 hot tubs overlooking a wonderful view. Fireplace was gas and on/off via switch. Alot of wood decor. Hotel shuttle service was fantastic. They give you his cell and call when ever you need picked up at the hotel or in town. We had a rental car but used this free service to avoid parking. """" Be sure you go the long way, not the way google iphone map says. Get directions from hotel for safe (snowy) route""""". Elevation in Breckenridge plus the travel up to this hotel is around 10,500. Be ready.

Room Tip: 2 minutes from hotel towards town is an amazing camera spot of village below. Ceiling fan but no AC...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us!
This guest stayed in a Mountain View with 1 king bed. These rooms have a fireplace. Not all room types have fireplaces, only this room type and the Mountain View Suites. The views from the Mountain View King Rooms are of residential housing. The Lodge does not have views of the town of Breckenridge. The Suites do have views of the Ski Resort.
The Lodge does not have air conditioning, nor do the majority of hotels in Breckenridge!
We offer shuttle service in the winter season only. We are located on the free local bus transportation system.
Make sure to follow or precise driving directions, as GPS/Mapquest/Google Maps can take you on a more difficult road.
The Lodge does sit at 10,200 feet.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

Stayed for 5 nights while skiing with my wife and 8 year old son. The hotel has a rustic cabin feel to it - it is a little bit run down but overall very comfortable. The room we got was very roomy and the beds were nice and everything is very clean. The staff was very friendly and the free shuttle was excellent and the guys operating it helpful and just overall nice guys. WiFi is free which is great. The breakfast that was included was ok - nothing to write home about but had cereal, bread and bagels, fruit, eggs and you can make your own waffles - and of course juices and milk. The only thing really missing for us was real coffee - as in Expresso/Latte as the old fashion tasteless stuff doesn´t do it for us. Soaking in the two big hot tubs after a day of skiing was the top amenity for us - really enjoyed it. And I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

It is great to see our guests letting our future guests know what to expect while staying at The Lodge. We thrive on customer service. We are a select service property, but still have some great amenities. Even though we do not have a restaurant on site we do offer a great complimentary continental breakfast. We are the only property in Breckenridge to offer such an extra amenity. Of course it is not a full breakfast, but it is just something to get you started! We do serve locally roasted gourmet Vail Mountain Coffee that is grinded right before brewing. Please call us directly for any of your lodging needs.
Sincerely, Rhonda

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Perched above the town of Breckenridge, it offers 360-Degree views of the surrounding peaks and the ski runs. You feel like you're far from civilization, yet just a couple minutes to Main Street by way of the lodge's free shuttle. We went just after the New Year, and have only rave reviews. The staff was extremely hospitable and welcoming...they even have a "mascot" to greet you at the front entrance...one of the owner's dogs (who showed us to our room once and hung out a bit. Too cute!). The lodge has a delicious hot breakfast buffet that's included in the room price too. There is also a gigantic wrap-around deck, with picturesque views, and two hot tubs to enjoy every bit of it. More than anything though, I loved the feel of the lodge itself...cozy, warm, big picture windows looking over the valleys, exposed pine logs everywhere, huge rock fire place and hearth, leather chairs and southwest fabrics. The lobby felt like a big family room where every night our family would play board games in our PJ's. It felt like our home away from home!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Thanks for taking a moment to descripe the feeling of our lodge here! We offer the shuttle service during the winter only. Also, to clarify, we offer a continental breakfast with the lodging rooms, the only thing that is somewhat hot on there are make your own waffles.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I stayed here Jan 15-18. Upon my arrival I immediately had a frown on my face. I was thinking… this ain’t good. It looked like a rustic cabin sitting high atop a mountain.

Here’s the good the bad and the ugly.

The ugly; there was none.

The Bad - When we first arrived our room was freezing! The baseboard heaters either weren’t working or they were off. The room had a space heater in it to offset the lack of heat from the baseboard. And that didn’t seem to work too well. After leaving the room for a few hours, the room was still below a level of comfort; all the front desk staff had to say was… we just had a cold snap. Really! Isn’t the cold outside?? I’m thinking they could’ve adjusted the heat some prior to our arrival (maybe that’s just me). The hot water was very slow to get warm/hot. You had to let it run for 5-10-12 minutes before you would have any. That mixed with a cold room. Yuchh. The room was very small. No place to sit other than the bed. The walls were thin. You could hear people walking in the hallways and please don’t let them be having a conversation. The TV channel selection was poor and not much to do on the property itself.

The Good – After day 2 the room did start to warm up to a decent level of comfort.
They had a workout facility that could rival a small gym. (2 thumbs up). They served morning breakfast (juices, dry cereals, breads, muffins, and waffles). They also have a micro-wave in the lobby for your convenience. They offer a shuttle that will take you ANYPLACE you wish to go. It operates from 8am to 10pm. W/O that you’re stuck because you’re atop a mountain and you surely cannot walk back and forth to town.
The location is not in town nor is it near town; it’s about a 10-14min ride. When I hear near town I should be able to walk a few blocks. With all the bad, these amenities made the place a bit more bearable.

As far as the town itself; very nice. Lot’s of eateries, shops, museums and friendly people. The skiing was awesome (my first time to Breck). If you have issues with the altitude, you may want to take a day to walk about town and drink plenty of water. The town sits at 9700ft!

Overall, The front desk staff is very friendly and the shuttle drivers are very friendly but I wouldn’t make this my first choice of places to stay when in Breck. There are many, many other lodging choices in town. Most within the same price range. I’d stay here if, I had a veh, I chose not to be anywhere near town, or in my case, I just couldn’t figure out the proximity of this lodge to town.

Let me be clear, I don’t visit places to slam them nor will I over rate them. I don’t expect Ritz treatment when I’m in a Motel 6 and surely don't expect Motel 6 treatment when in the Ritz, but all things being equal, I have a certain level of expectation based on wherever I stay.

Sorry, nice enough place but the Lodge & Spa has some work to do to earn a future stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank AJazzMaster
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

The Lodge & Spa at Breckenridge is a rustic mountain lodge. We are known for our mountain charm, relaxing environment, quality guest service and spectacular mountain views! In January, Breckenridge experience above normal cold temperatures; where during the evenings it dropped to -20 degrees below. We had a few rooms with issues and did everything we could to accommodate.

Reviewed January 25, 2013

This property has arguably the best view on their block - no, seriously.

I booked a trip here with my boyfriend in early January and scored a Forest View King for just $68/night. The staff is genuinely friendly and very helpful in suggesting places for you to go for dinner or entertainment.

If you're looking to hit up Breckenridge for skiing or snowboarding, it's good to know that this lodge has complimentary shuttle service for its guests and will drop you at any lot. Although you may have to call ahead to the front desk if you're staying a little out of their peak season - it's free and you really can't complain!

The view from their deck is incredible! They have complimentary hot-tubs which are great in any weather and their positioned on the deck so that the guests have a gorgeous view to take in while relaxing in the hot and bubbly water. I'd love to come stay here again in summer to see how the view changes with the seasons.

Pros: Complimentary wi-fi, complimentary shuttle, complimentary breakfast, location, views, staff is ultra-friendly, and price.

Cons: Don't really have any other than their room keys, which are actual keys - not the key-cards you swipe. The only downside is if you're a scatterbrain like me, the lost fee key is $30. But hey, if I could make it without losing it - so can you! :)

Room Tip: I'm convinced that there's not a bad room in the entire place. Every view I've experienc...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank alexandra_keller
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write a full representation of our hotel!

Our shuttle service only runs during the winter season. Call us directly to enusre the best room for your needs!

Reviewed January 21, 2013 via mobile

Oh if I could purchase this property and run a REAL hotel on its grounds. Having both lived in and visited Breckenridge over the last 20 years, cannot say how disappointed I am at its decline. To put it simply..some of the greatest views in Colorado..and that's all that is left. Front desk staff was fine. Room? $260 a night for water stained ceilings, cob webbed corners, pilled sheets and a bathroom with hair stick to the walls? No thank you. Truly unfortunate. This place used to be a wonderful retreat. Not worth the cash, even it's the only place with zero vacancy. There's a reason. You'll have better accommodations in the Super Eight back in the valley...at half the price.

• Stayed: January 2013

We have reached out to this guest to get some more feedback to ensure complete guest satisfaction for every guest that stays with us! We have very high standards and our top goal is to make sure that no one experiences such.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We haven't left yet and are still enjoying our stay - but wanted to commend their excellent spa staff. My husband and I received a couples' massage yesterday with Ashley and Juliana. They have definitely raised the bar on our massage experiences and future expectations :) - the service was wonderful and they were both so pleasant and professional - also glad they suggested the oxygen - a perfect addition. Can't wait to come back again :)

Room Tip: This was specific to the spa experience - we will add another review at the conclusion of our stay...
Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Rooroo1, General Manager at The Lodge at Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2013

Thank you for your recent comment on your spa services. This really helps us confirm that we have some of the best massage therapists! I typically get a massage here before I head out on my vacations. We hope you are enjoying your stay with us and we look forward to your review on The Lodge. Please let us know if there is anything we can do ensure a wonderful rest of your stay with us!
Sincerely, Rhonda