This was our second stay at Beaver Run. This time we stayed in a 1 bedroom condo in Building 4. The view and location were great. Building 4 is truely ski in/ ski out. The ski locker room is about 20 steps from the slopes. You can then ski right down to the Beaver Run or Quicksilver lifts. The Beaver Run Base area were very close. The pool and hot tub for Building 4 were right next to the slopes as well. They were fine and heated to a comfortable temperature.
Now for the negatives. The resort is dated. Our condo had some upgrades (granite counter tops but older broken cabinets, newer stove) but was in need of a complete remodel. The sofa bed was not so great. The kids could sleep on it, I wouldn't recomend it for adults. Housekeeping comes by every day to empty the trash, make the beds, and change towels, but we frequently saw trash bags left overnight in the halls. Parking at building 4 is not so great. It is very convient if you get a spot, but then you don't want to give it up. The parking garage is quite a walk. The shower is very small and ours had mold growing in the grout. The room was very warm. We had the heat turned off and the sliding door cracked almost all the time. We used the town shuttle more this trip. Although the drivers were friendly, the service was slow. 1/2 wait was not uncomon for trips back from Main St. It was faster just to walk up the hill. Grand Timber seemed to have a lot more shuttles.
We stayed over Easter this year and the snow was not so great, but still had a great time. The skiing was best before 1pm. A couple of our favorite places are the Crepe Cart and horseback riding in Fairplay, CO at Platt Ranch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center is located at the Base of Peak 9 in Breckenridge, Colorado. It is a ski in ski out property and it is a Homeowners Association. Each unit is individually owned. Our 4 Building structure was built over several years, with Building One opening in 1979, with the completion of Building 4 in 1984. Owners are required to maintain an above minimum Quality score to participate in the Rental Program and no two Units are identical. We encourage our guests to request a room change if they are not completely satisfied with the room they are assigned. We have limited number of pet friendly rooms and we do charge a Pet fee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Beaver Run Resort and Conference Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beaver Run Hotel Breckenridge
- Beaver Run Resort Breckenridge