“Good find, not on the main street.”
Review of Angel's Hollow

Angel's Hollow
Ranked #41 of 159 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Reviewed January 6, 2012

First night ever in Breckenridge...wandered the streets for 2 hours looking for a place with an acceptable menu and without a 45 minute wait in the cold....We were seated quickly at Angel's Hollow.....The front of house is run by a what I believe is a couple who I suspect are also the owners, and if so, it is clearly a labor of love....

Food is served in large portions, is reasonably priced, and they will were accomodating of my dietary preferences....The menu is limited, but daily specials looked interesting....I would recommend to any visitors to Breckenridge try this place

1  Thank lauraellyn_12

Reviewed January 2, 2012

My girlfriend (visiting from Sedona, AZ) and I both ordered the pork carnitas because I told her how my husband and I really liked it. Anyway, the previously good pork carnitas came out plain (lacking flavor) and shredded, not pan-seared, crispy like carnitas should be. The side that my girlfriend ordered was chopped up vegetables that weren’t cooked, they were raw veggies (as in a crudité). Kind of strange. I was really disappointed that I recommend this restaurant to my out of town visitor. So I decided I better say something. The owner came out to deck literally yelling “who complaining about their food?” everyone on the deck was staring at him and when I said “we are,” everyone started staring at us because he continued to yell while he was speaking with us. I am really not sure of his reasoning for making a spectacle…intimidation, so that others not dare complain? The owner was definitely wired, hard to describe almost condescending. As I said in my last review, he again seemed really wired…like on a caffeine (or other) high. We explained the problems. He then said let me get my chef, so he brought out his chef and proceeded to continue the loud talking.

I absolutely do not recommend this restaurant for any sort of consistency (isn’t that what you expect?) nor a place you would want to go unless you’re ok with hearing major curse words dropped here and there by the husband owner. I think his name is Lee. He may have gone to school to study cooking but failed to find his manners and appropriate behavior in actually running a business. Yes, you will feel like you had three weak margaritas or two strong margaritas for the price of 1.5 margaritas ($10 each).

5  Thank ColoradoStowaway
Reviewed December 30, 2011

Huge portions of great food. Great margaritas also. Lee is awesome.

1  Thank realdinertruth
Reviewed December 15, 2011

Very cheap for Breack with decent food. The portions are huge. The 4 shot margarita is a killer!

1  Thank drkec
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Angel's Hollow was recommended to us a must-stop place to eat! We ordered the chicken quesedilla's which were beyond DELICIOUS! Small, cozy atmosphere, friendly staff and locals, and GREAT food!