“A great place to hike your 14er”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Quandary Peak

Quandary Peak
Highlands Ranch, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“A great place to hike your 14er”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2014

This is a prime place to hike and ski. Our experience was hiking above 14,000 feet in the prime Colorado landscape. Not for the fain at heart, but a must hike for the enthusiast.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Todd M

Seattle, Washington
4 attraction reviews
“Fun and rewarding!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

I went up with my dad and my uncle, and it was really fun! We didn't see many people until we reached the summit, which was all cloudy so we couldn't see anything, but we still had a great time enjoying the views from about halfway up the mountain. It was really fun, especially for my child mind to screen that I had just climbed a 1400 ft mountain. It was pretty steep though, but gorgeous in the summertime. My dad kept saying it looked like the scenery in New Zealand when we peaked over the ledge.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun and rewarding hike to the summit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2014

A friend and I hiked up on July 4; I'm not sure if it's always so busy, but the trail was packed! Quandary may be the easiest of them, but it's still a 14'er so expect any sort of weather! We ran into a small snowstorm (thankful for that instead of lightning!) so many other parties turned around shy of the summit, so we had it, and the mountain goats to ourselves for a few minutes. Please make sure that if you go that you are prepared with a warm jacket and hat.

The views from the top will definitely not disappoint!

central VA
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“my second visit to the top...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

There's ample trailhead parking and a well-marked trail all the way to the summit. Be aware that, as with any 14er climb, you should be physically competent, ready for adverse weather, and take adequate water and other supplies for your trip. Views from the top have been superb on both my visits -- and I saw a mountain goat at the top both times.

1 Thank OldSwampy
Ladysmith, Wisconsin, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Tough hike but worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

3000' elevation gain in 3 miles makes for some sore quads, but the hike was very pretty and the views up top were beautiful and the mountain goats on the way down made our day. Weather was warm n sunny but very windy and 25 degrees cooler up top so glad we had sweatshirts n gloves with us. Probably not for the out of shape, but a nice hike.

Visited September 2013