“A bit noisy and food not that impressive”
Review of Whale's Tail - CLOSED

Whale's Tail
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
London, United Kingdom
“A bit noisy and food not that impressive”
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Quality of food was below average - watery chowder, an uninspirational chicken burger and a basic fish pasta dish was what we saw. Some poor language from the bar area. A loud frequent slamming noise from the bar turned out to be the toilet door each time it was vacated. If you're not really into food in particular and just want something quick and basic to eat at a fair price then this is the place for you. Service from the waitress was friendly, although she did keep us waiting at the door for longer than you might hope whilst finishing off an idle conversation with some other diners.

Wausau, Wisconsin
“$10 Fish Fry?!”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

We just spent 2 nights in Breckinridge, and had a wonderful time! Most meals were on the advise of the locals. This choice was not. We all were interested in the $10 walleye fish fry. The serving size of the fish was barely visible on our plates. It wasn't even a whole filet?! I would call it a plate of fries, 2 small cherrie tomatoes as a garnish and a "fish stick!" What was served was good, nice atmosphere, and good service.

Cedar Park, Texas
“Some of the better food we've had in Breck”
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We were in Breckenridge in time for dinner, and wanted something light before the drive home. We had tried some of the other places, but wanted something new. This place looked like a bar when we walked in, but was refreshingly good. My husband had a mahi sandwich for $11 with sweet potato fries ($1 extra). He found the sandwich delicious. I opted for a sliced steak sandwich on a brioche bun ($13), and it was done to perfection. The steak was tender and done rare, just as I requested. I requested veggies instead of the fries, and a small cup of shredded carrots, broccoli and peppers came. It was not what I had in mind, and was crunchy. I would have opted for fries another time. But, all in all the food and service were quite good, and we will plan to return.

• Visited October 2013
Davenport, Iowa
“Loved the food!”
Reviewed September 10, 2013

This was one of the best meals we had on our trip to Colorado. We happened to be there on a night when they offered a special - appetizer, dinner and dessert for $20. My husband and I ordered crab cake and ahi tuna for our appetizers - both were really good. We each had lamb chops for dinner and they were excellent - cooked and seasoned just perfectly. Our dessert was a carmel covered warm brownie with ice cream. I am still thinking about it. The atmosphere is REALLY casual, very local feeling. There is somewhat of a view from the bar area - but not a gorgeous interior - just really good food.

Des Moines
“Had a wonderful experience on a recent Moday night”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We saw some mixed reviews, but had eastern here 10 years ago. Decided to try it and we're not disappointed. My wife had the coconut shrimp and I had the Mahi Mahi and chips. We split a salad and we had more than enough. The value was great. Prompt service. Decided to eat inside since it could possibly rain, although you can sit outside. We had a very nice experience and easy walk from the Marriott.