“Great service, great atmosphere and great food.”
Review of Whale's Tail - CLOSED

Whale's Tail
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Surrey, United Kingdom
“Great service, great atmosphere and great food.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

What a lovely surprise to find a restaurant in Breck that serves such great fish. Another restaurant that we visited twice on our trip to Breck as it was so good the first time. The crab is highly recommended, very sweet and very tasty, the best crab that we have ever tasted. Also, the whaler is great, providing variety in taste on one plate. The seared ahi as a starter was great too, we shared it as it would have been too much for one.

Highly recommended, relaxed place to eat with great food.

Boulder, Colorado
“My Favorite in Breck!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I am in Breck 2-3 weekends a month... Winter and Summer. I go to the Whale's Tail at least twice a month. I LOVE their food, the atmosphere, the staff, and the HAPPY HOUR! They guy that complained about the sauces?? For one, I don't even know if that is true, as I have never been charged for extra sauces, but even if you are... YOU ARE PAYING $.10 a shrimp and $.50 a chicken wing! My kids love that they aren't already all sauced up, and I love that I can feed my whole gang, and get a few beers for less than $20! Aside from happy hour, their clam chowder is delish. The crab cakes are never a disappointment, and who goes there for a steak sandwich??? You SHOULD go to Subway!! I love this place!

Overland Park, Kansas, United States
“What a great surprise”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have to admit that we entered with less than the highest expectations, the decor is quite dated. But we had a wonderful meal. We had the crab cakes to start which were very good. My wife had the lobster mac&cheese which had a healthy portion of large lobster pieces. I had the blackened chicken Alfredo, which I tend to order often anywhere new we go. But this was the best I've had in a very long time. We are in Breckinridge for only a few days but will likely return before heading home.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good Food, Good Entertainment”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I are use to going to Vail and when to Breck for a change. We had a hard time finding the entertainment that we are used to. The one man band that sings and interacts with the crowd. The whale tail had this. Entertainment that got everybody in the place involved and great food. I had fish and chips and they were awesome! The bartender also was very nice and did a great job of handling the crowd!

• Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome Happy Hour”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We dropped in on Whale's Tail looking for a spot to grab a few mid-day beers. They had a great Happy Hour going, with 2$ drafts, 50 cent wings, and 10 cent peel-and-eat shrimp. The place is a lilttle old school, but the service was outstanding and friendly. Oh, and the cast of The Deadliest Catch apparently filmed there, random but cool.