“What a great surprise”

Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
“What a great surprise”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I have to admit that we entered with less than the highest expectations, the decor is quite dated. But we had a wonderful meal. We had the crab cakes to start which were very good. My wife had the lobster mac&cheese which had a healthy portion of large lobster pieces. I had the blackened chicken Alfredo, which I tend to order often anywhere new we go. But this was the best I've had in a very long time. We are in Breckinridge for only a few days but will likely return before heading home.

• Visited March 2013

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Good Food, Good Entertainment”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

My husband and I are use to going to Vail and when to Breck for a change. We had a hard time finding the entertainment that we are used to. The one man band that sings and interacts with the crowd. The whale tail had this. Entertainment that got everybody in the place involved and great food. I had fish and chips and they were awesome! The bartender also was very nice and did a great job of handling the crowd!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awesome Happy Hour”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

We dropped in on Whale's Tail looking for a spot to grab a few mid-day beers. They had a great Happy Hour going, with 2$ drafts, 50 cent wings, and 10 cent peel-and-eat shrimp. The place is a lilttle old school, but the service was outstanding and friendly. Oh, and the cast of The Deadliest Catch apparently filmed there, random but cool.

• Visited March 2013
WDWmichelle
“NOT buffalo style chicken wings”
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I read a review by someone here saying how awesome the chicken wings were so we went specifically for that. Warning, they are not buffalo-style chicken wings. It is basically fried chicken, with the sauce on the side. And one serving of dressing. We ordered 30 chicken wings and 30 peel and eat shrimp during happy hour. We were 3 adults, and the order came with one small ranch, and one small cocktail sauce for the shrimp. We asked for a side of blue cheese, and after asking the same waiter 3 times, he got it to us and said he wouldn't charge us since we had to wait. Seriously? With 3 adults and 30 wings, we should have gotten 3 dressings to begin with. The nickel and diming stuff really irks me.

The ambiance was nice. We sat in the room that had a nice fire going, which was wonderful considering it was 16 degrees outside.

Overall, it was an ok stop, but I don't think we'll come back. The wings and service were disappointing.

“Meat Not Fresh”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

We came here for lunch on Sunday. They serve both brunch and lunch on the same menu. It seems most people were having brunch and perhaps that is the thing to do, since my stake & cheese sandwich from the lunch side of the menu was not so good. The meat was dry and tasted old, the bread broke to pieces as I hold it. You can get a better stake & cheese sandwich at Subways.