“The food is very good and the service is excellent!”
Review of Steak & Rib of Breckenridge - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed June 28, 2014

When my husband and I entered Steak and Rib, we were greeted warmly by who turned out to be the owner.

Once seated, our server, Jackie, came to our table with a great smile and told us about the special for the evening. I had a question about one of the drinks and she had to check with the bartender. Jackie was very nice the whole night and we even had a little "side conversation" with her.

My husband had the ribeye, which was cooked perfectly medium, with a nice char. I had the Maine lobster tails. When Jackie brought the plates out, there was only one lobster tail, there should have been two, she explained that the chef said he'd charred one of them a little more than he liked and he was cooking another one. If I was ok, my husband and I could get started with our meals and before I would be done with the first lobster tail, the second one would be out. We agreed and when she brought out the second tail, it was perfect.

We had the key lime pie for dessert and it was yummy.

The atmosphere was great and there was a good mix of music that played I. The restaurant, my husband and I found ourselves singing along softly from time to time. We both thoroughly enjoyed Steak and Rib and if we are ever back in Breckenridge, we will sure return.

Reviewed May 3, 2014

We had nothing but trouble with our plans to dine at the Briar Rose in celebration of my son's 17th Birthday so we pulled the plug and began our search for available alternatives. Steak & Rib was an excellent choice.

The menu offered a wide range of hearty and well-prepared meat and seafood options. The wine list was particularly well paired to the menu and the values were outstanding with recent vintages of Silver Oak, Alexander Valley Cabs running $125.00: Wow.

And the service, not only from the front of the house but the kitchen as well, was extraordinary. No problems accommodating a gluten-free diet through the modification of existing preparations or getting the temps of the meat exactly right.

Our dining room itself had a little bit of a barn feel to it. Wasn't intimate or cozy, and I think it would perhaps get quite noisy on the wrong night, but at the same time it was exceptionally well set for larger parties.

Excellent food, even better service and a good value all around. No need to look further for a quality cut of meat or seafood on Main street.

1  Thank HF1clTS
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We ate dinner at the Steak & Rib, in the upstairs dining room. A lot quieter than the usual bar scene downstairs or in other Breckenridge restaurants. The filet was quite tender, although smaller than I expected. Ribs were tender and meaty. Although it's not a fancy "big city" steakhouse, it was definitely above average.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

The Steak and Rib is a first class operation. My wife and I started our evening in the bar where we received prompt and friendly service. The bar is the epitome of après ski ambiance with lots of energy. Our meal was excellent, we both had the crab stuffed mushrooms for an appetizer and the crab covered fillet for the entree. Service was perfect, and the owner even stopped by and spent some time with us. We will eat here again on our next ski trip to Breckenridge.

Reviewed March 17, 2014

We loved the location, the food and that is was quiet. We ate a some fun but often loud places but Steak & Rib was quiet upstairs. If you are wanting it a bit louder, downstairs they have TVs and a bar and some dining tables. We like it because they were one of the few that took reservations. The food was so so so good and the portions were crazy big, you will not leave hungry.