“Loved the Steak and Rib!!!”
Review of Steak & Rib of Breckenridge - CLOSED

Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed August 5, 2008

After a few disappointing meals in Breck we decided to try the Steak and Rib and so glad we did! I ordered the filet and it was perfect, the garlic mashed potatos were fabulous too. Sons loved the ribs and my husband ordered the smoked chicken which he also enjoyed. The rolls are delicious! The place is expensive though so be prepared! Did bother me they charged $3.00 for a tiny container of Bernaise sauce, for $30.00 you would think it would be included.

1  Thank healin1

Reviewed June 26, 2008

With a simple name like Steak and Rib, I expected a simple place with a simple menu. It had the usual namesake steak and ribs but they also had fish and pasta dishes, including a few other specials. I ordered the Rib Eye, Medium Rare. It arrived Medium-Well. The steak was still pretty tasty. It seemed like the other orders at our table were properly cooked.

I came as part of a large group (14 people). At the end of our meal, our server handed us a group check with the customary 18% service charge. We wanted separate checks and she said the service charge would be bumped up to 20%. That was fine. When my individual check came, she rounded up and I ended paying about a 23% tip.

Reviewed March 18, 2008

Read the positive reviews previously posted about Steak and Rib and thought it would be a good place to have my wife's birthday dinner celebration while vacationing in Breck. Made a reservation well in advance and asked for a good table for the 4 of us and indicated it was my wife's birthday. Called the day before to reconfirm and the hostess commented that we were celebrating a birthday, thought that was a good sign.

Arrived for our reservation and was promptly seated. Table was a booth, nothing special, that was OK. Waitress came to take our beverage and appetizer order and things began to unravel. The boys ordered Buffalo style chicken wings and fried calamari, two dishes pretty hard to screw up. Both were poor. We had to chase down the waitress to order our main courses. It took forever for her to return and for us to receive them. My wife and I ordered prime rib and both were quite overdone. The sides were average at best. We had to ask our waitress for everything. Thought they might do something special since they knew it was my wife's birthday for dessert, but by the time the waitress asked if we wanted dessert, we just wanted to leave.

This was a weekend day night and so this is one time where the prior TA reviews on a restaurant really let me down.

A below average, not inexpensive meal is the headline here.

Reviewed December 19, 2007

Great meal and great service. Anyone going to breckenridge should eat here.

Reviewed December 18, 2007

I've been going to Breckenridge for more than 10 years and the Steak and Rib is definitely the best food in Breck if you're looking for steak or prime rib--better than Briar Rose and WAY better than Salt Creek. In fact, I'd say it's the best restaurant in Breck period. Don't listen to the bad review from the people who ate lasagna at a steak restaurant. I had the filet mignon and crab leg combo and it was absolutely delicious. My husband had the filet oscar and loved it as well. The service was great and it was cozy although a little dark and cramped. It's definitely pricey, but we're going back for our anniversary because we liked it so much. If you're in Breck in the Fall, make sure you find the 2 for 1 in the Summit Daily--it's a little hard to find, but it's there every weekend until the beginning of December.

2  Thank NancyGOhio