“Great food and wonderful service!”
Review of Steak & Rib of Breckenridge - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Steak & Rib of Breckenridge
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Syracuse, New York
“Great food and wonderful service!”
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We had eaten here about 4 years ago, but for some reason had not returned. We were looking for some good beef, and remembered we had had it here.
We made reservations, arrived on time and had about a 10 minute wait. The place was very busy. We were seated in their upstairs dining area in a booth that was very tight fitting for 5 people, on top of that it was extremely hot upstairs.
We were immediately greeted by our waiter, Christoper. He ran over the specials again, and got the water boy to get us all water and a pitcher for the table.
My husband had the brisket and I order the elk medallions. We split a caeser salad which was more than adequate to share. His brisket was good and my elk medallions were wonderful, served with a nice medley of fresh steamed vegetables.
All throughout our dinner, our waiter, was very attentive and the water boy was always there to make sure we had enough water.
At the end of the meal, we were all very satisfied and extremely warm, and frankly just wanted to get out of there. Don't get me wrong, the meal was wonderful, but when you are full and warm, it just becomes too much. We told Christopher that we did not want any dessert and just the check. He returned with our check and two desserts to share around the table free of charge. We could not disappoint him, so we all had some of each before paying the check and walking back to the condo.
We will definately return again when we are in Breckenridge, but might ask to sit down stairs where it is cooler.

1 Thank ediebSyracuse

Auburn, Alabama
“Steaks may be decent, but nothing else was...”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Went with a party of 8. 2 people ordered steak, and it was "ok" - nothing special. Spouse had elk medallions, which were smothered in some kind of brown sauce. One person had ribs - again, they were ok, just not great. I tried the salmon, which was simply the worst fish I had ever eaten. Was ill all night. The waitress did take the salmon off the bill. I was the only one to complain (which I rarely do, honestly), but she HAD to notice that not a single person ate all of their main dish. Service was ok, but overall a little slow based on the level of customers there at the time (about 15% occupied).

1 Thank bjauburn
Boston
“Fantastic food, Reasonably priced, Great wait staff!”
Reviewed March 26, 2012

My family and I were in Breckenridge for a week and had drinks and light meals at a few establishments in town. We went out for one "nice" meal on Saturday night and we're referred to Steak and Rib by a friend who is from Breck. We were not let down. The Ribs were some of the best I have ever had. Steak was fantastic, as were the fries!

The wait staff was also extremely pleasant. We ate upstairs but I also enjoyed a drink in the downstairs bar earlier in the week which has a great relaxed feel and wasn't swamped people.

Overall 5 stars from me for sure!

1 Thank bryangoodwin
Lovettsville, Virginia
“My New Favorite in Breckenridge”
Reviewed March 4, 2012

The earlier reviews are absolutely right about this being a meat eaters paradise. Their menu is centered on tenderloin and ribs with variations of crab toppings. The only small portions are the vegetables. I had the Tenderloin Stroganoff and it was the best I have eaten in many years. Instead of using stew meat, they cook it using the tenderloin tip pieces that are left when they have carved a whole tail into steaks. The smoked beef brisket melted in your mouth. It was slightly on the fatty side, but that added to the flavor since it tasted like it had been slow-cooked all day and leaner cuts would have dried out. BTW, Steak & Ribs thinks that potatoes are a vegetable rather than a starch so they serve them in every imaginable way, from baked to sweet potato fries. Excellent wine list with some premier matching reds available by the glass. The bill was very inexpensive for such fare, about $20-25 per person plus drinks and tip.

London, United Kingdom
“Vegetarians need not visit...”
Reviewed March 1, 2012

Party of 5 all enjoyed their meals.

I had the Elk medallions with an added side of Ribs. (Only $6). Meat cooked as I requested. No complaints about the food at all

Thought the service could have been better but it wasnt a problem overall

Would return.