“Interesting place”
Review of Blue River Bistro

Blue River Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue River Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 158 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Watson
Transit: The Breckenridge Transit System's departure timetable is available at www.townofbreckenridge.com, hours of operation are from 6:30am to Midnight. In addition the majority of Hotels in the area offer shuttle services to the Blue River Bistro's front door as well as return service.
Description: The Blue River Bistro in Breckenridge Colorado brings a little city dining to the mountains by combining sophistication with a casual, inviting atmosphere.Blue River Bistro's contemporary Italian-American menu is crafted with exceptional attention to detail and fresh ingredients.Come for lunch, dinner or to enjoy our live jazz bands. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed April 4, 2013

We just got in the restaurant, not having in mind something special. In fact, what catched our attention was the announcement of "Live Jazz" from Sunday to Thursday. Ok, there was no jazz but a guy with a guitar playing old songs in a very nice manner. Food was good and the wine as well. The waiter attended in a very gentle forthcomming way. Overall, a good experience. Perhaps a little bit noisy when people had some beer and wine and trying to be louder than the music.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

Our last night in Breckenridge was terrific at Blue River Bistro. The intimate space was warm & inviting. We walked in with no reservation, and no problem, an offer was made to sit us in the bar, and it was an excellent idea. Reservations are recommended, even at the end of the season, but all worked out nicely for us.

The cuisine was amazing. Sliders, a delicious risotto dish, Greek salad, and chicken Cesar were all delicious. We had a few martinis, and a few beers, and the entire experience could not have been better. The reviews in TripAdvisor hit the mark. The surprise is that BRB is not in the top 5 (or top 10 for that matter) in Breckenridge. From what we enjoyed, this spot should be top 3 for sure.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We dined at BRB after flying in from UK so were a bit shattered and probably not in the best mood for a pretty riotous place, which this was. We were shown to our table spot on time - a comfortable booth for 3 - but in the bar area; 2 problems - (friendly)drinkers' backsides overhanging our table and the arctic wind which whistled around us every time a new drinker arrived or left through the back door ... that's probably why everyone's still in down jackets in the bar! That's all the negatives - the atmosphere was great (if you're not jet-lagged and been travelling for 14 hours but that's not their fault!), service was really friendly and attentive but not at all intrusive. Local amber ale and the house Californian Chardonnay hit the spot and the tempura shrimp were really good - for once proper tempura outside a Japanese restaurant. As we faded further we stuck to pasta and all were cooked nicely al dente. Loved the fact you could order shrimp or chicken with the basic pastas - nice for a relaxed meal. One note to the kitchen on the seafood pasta (which was very tasty by the way - all the seafood was fresh and the calamari not rubbery) - please treat parmesan cheese as a table-side option ... most of Europe does not like cheese on seafood pasta and this was the only bum-note in our meal.
Value-wise, for Breckenridge this was not expensive.
Overall - if I were out with friends for a noisy night out with decent food and a loud bar vibe I'd definitely go back ... but I'd have to eat in the restaurant not the wind tunnel!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

My husband and I went here after a long day of skiing to carb load. The pasta and bread was great, and I loved the escargots! Definitely recommend!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

We visited BRB for dinner with a group of old friends enjoying an annual ski holiday in Breckenridge.

We were quickly seated for our 8pm reservation for 6. The service throughout the meal was cheerful and efficient.

The others at the table all enjoyed their starters and main courses. The quantities were sufficiently large that no one could manage dessert.

For me, I was pleased with my Caesar salad starter. And for the main course, the fresh spinach was truly excellent. I was disappointed with my filet mignon... It was overdone (I had ordered rare) and a the texture was a bit grainy.

Although I didn't mention it, the server who cleared the table must have pointed out to the manager that I had left a lot on my plate. He approached me, apologized that the steak looked medium rather than rare, and asked if he could bring me something else. I declined, but appreciated that the problem had been noted.

Only after a couple of days did I notice on the receipt that the manager had made a $20 reduction against the price of the $29 plate (which also included spinach, potatoes, and grilled shrimp.)

This is a busy and full place - the staff didn't have to notice a less-than-happy customer, nor did they have to do anything about it. But they did notice, and did act (and didn't feel obliged to grandstand their generosity in correcting the error.)

I guess that's why Blue River Bistro remains a busy and full place!