“Meh...both atmosphere and food underwhelmed”
Review of Blue River Bistro

Blue River Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue River Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 164 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Watson
Transit: The Breckenridge Transit System's departure timetable is available at www.townofbreckenridge.com, hours of operation are from 6:30am to Midnight. In addition the majority of Hotels in the area offer shuttle services to the Blue River Bistro's front door as well as return service.
Description: The Blue River Bistro in Breckenridge Colorado brings a little city dining to the mountains by combining sophistication with a casual, inviting atmosphere.Blue River Bistro's contemporary Italian-American menu is crafted with exceptional attention to detail and fresh ingredients.Come for lunch, dinner or to enjoy our live jazz bands. We look forward to serving you.
Reviewed September 8, 2012

I had high hopes for Blue River but was left disappointed. The menu sounded delicious, but my special butternut squash risotto was bland and one-note in terms of texture. Everyone else in the group found the food acceptable, but no one was wowed.

While the dining room was set up for intimacy, we were seated near the bar and it was so loud we could barely hear each other. Additionally, it was nearly impossible to get to the restroom on the far side of the bar; I actually walked outside around the building to get there.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

Great, fresh, gourmet salad. Good service, nice atmosphere! It was just lunch, so it was nice and quiet during the mud season.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

Wonderful Italian food! Just like Mama used to make! Great presentation! Good service. Be sure to make reservations.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

great upscale atmosphere without the upscale price.
the food is of the best quality in town and the martinis. They even post the specials on their facebook page!
Last time we went we had a great live jazz band playing!

Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I occasionally have lunch w friends when I visit Breckenridge. It is pleasant setting on a sunny day and easy to get to. Very casual and that's what we like about it. Kind of kick back. It's not one of my first choices in Breckenridge but it does have a good reputation and my friends like it. I am a vegan and it's not easy to find something suitable on the menu. Personally, there salads are just ok, a few spoiled leaves, not tossed well. I have never done dinner but I hear very good.