“The best in Breck”
Review of Blue River Bistro

Blue River Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Blue River Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 156 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Cuisines: American, Italian, Bar
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Watson
Transit: The Breckenridge Transit System's departure timetable is available at www.townofbreckenridge.com, hours of operation are from 6:30am to Midnight. In addition the majority of Hotels in the area offer shuttle services to the Blue River Bistro's front door as well as return service.
Description: The Blue River Bistro in Breckenridge Colorado brings a little city dining to the mountains by combining sophistication with a casual, inviting atmosphere.Blue River Bistro's contemporary Italian-American menu is crafted with exceptional attention to detail and fresh ingredients.Come for lunch, dinner or to enjoy our live jazz bands. We look forward to serving you.
Fort Worth, TX
“The best in Breck”
Reviewed February 23, 2008

If you have been to Breck as many times a year as I have, you have got to know this is the best place for atomosphere, food ,music , class and value. I've been everywhere else for 20 years. Can't say anything else. Try the rest and prove me wrong.

Florida
“Blue River Bistro Rocks”
Reviewed February 2, 2008

Excellent service, great food, nice music. What more could you want. Enjoyed this dinner and will definitely return.

Little Rock, Arkansas
“We eat here everytime we are in Breck!!!!”
Reviewed December 31, 2007

I'm not sure what was going on when the previous poster went to Blue River but my family and I have been going here for two years and this place is amazing! As you walk in, the ambiance of the place is just amazing. Dim lighting, live music and a friendly atmosphere. We have a toddler and this is the perfect place for a family or for a couple who just wants a romantic dinner. Last year, we happened upon this place for lunch and it was amazing. Their tomato basil bisque (which is their house special) is to die for. While there the first time, we were so impressed that we immediately made reservations for that evening! We went back another time last year and it was great. Last night, we dined here again and took our 20 year old daughter. We ordered the calamari and prawns for appetizers. The prawns are just too delish and I don't eat calamari so I can't review that! My husband always gets the New York Strip steak and the portion is very large and comes served with mashed potatoes. I had the pear and gorgonzola salad while others at our table had the salmon. We ate until we couldn't eat anymore and have made reservations for tomorrow evening. If in town, just give this place a try and decide for yourself. Everyone has different tastes and opinions but I have never received anything but amazing food and service (regardless of whether the owners were there or not) and we are tourists!!

Alabama
“Tourist Stay Away Or You Will Regret It.”
Reviewed December 19, 2007

My wife and myself went to eat here on our vacation and I was hoping for a good meal. What we got was anything but. After the food was brought out I was only able to eat one bite and it was terrible. My wife was better because she was able to eat three bites. We told them that the food was uneatible and instead of offering us something else we had to leave to make room for more customers. We were charged full price and given NO help with any complaints. We were told that the owners spend a lot of time in denver so this was normal when they were out of town. I have never had anyone try to pass off what they gave us as food and was very insulted by the way they run there business. We had to leave there and go to hearthstone to eat a real meal. This is a warning to all tourist to stay away from Blue River Bistro. They realize you are from out of town and will take advantage of you the way they did us. If you must go call and make sure the owners are in town or you will recieve the same terrible service and food we did. The people at this place should be ashamed at the way they treat tourist. I will be back to breckenridge but I will never go back there.

2 Thank Kohler
Darien CT
“What a fabulous dinner”
Reviewed March 24, 2007

My family was in Breckenridge in Feb. After many wonderful family dinners my husband and I were finally go out alone!
We couldn't get reservations but we were told we could try to walk-in. We got there and a very lovely hostess told us it would be about a 45 minute wait but if we gave her our cell phone number she would give us a call when a table was ready. There are so many great shops that are open late that the time went very quickly and she called us in no time at all. It was definitely worth the wait! I think it was one of the best dinners my husband and I have ever had. We decided to treat ourselves to a dessert. We said we would share a slice of cake. Well, the waiter must have been laughing because when he brought out "one serving" of cake it was enough for our entire family of 5! We would highly recommend this restaurant but would also suggest making reservations if you don't want a long wait.

2 Thank lexd5