“Cozy Ambience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hearthstone Restaurant

Hearthstone Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Hearthstone Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 154 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Cuisines: Contemporary, American
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: Housed in a 125-year-old home, the Hearthstone reflects the Victorian charm of Breckenridge while showcasing the best of the Rocky Mountains with creative farm-to-table Colorado Cuisine. We have an extensive wine list and creative house-crafted cocktails which complement unique entrees like Ginger Scallops, Blackberry Elk & Shrimp & Grits. Between the food & the richly adorned interior, you'll find Hearthstone's ambiance and dining experience quite memorable.
Houston, Texas
“Cozy Ambience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2012

Very delightful old victorian home turned restaurant. We dined on Prime Rib, Vermont Cheddar Potatoes, Creamed Spinach and it was delicious. Romantic interrupted by fast moving waitstaff. Servers were prompt and courteous; however, my advice would be if dining upstairs, do not sit by the stairway. There was a constant flow of staff all but running up and down the stairs to the point of distraction. It was a lot of energy for this atmosphere otherwise. If possible, sit by a window with a view or in a corner. We were pleasantly greeted upon departure by the sous chef, very friendly and was thoughtful to take the time to introduce himself. We complimented our meal. (Leaving out the detail of the hustle and bustle upstairs.) Overall very good meal and service, again just be aware of the seating.

• Visited September 2012

Morrison
“Other better options in Breck”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Ate here on a Sunday night during our recent vacation. My husband and I both had the elk. It turned out to be elk chops not medallions as we expected. It was totally average, not at all worth it for $39 a plate!

Ember was better and Le Petit was way better and both less expensive.

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank L V
Manchester, Vermont
“Like others...Loved the food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

My husband and I loved the food at Hearthstone. In fact, it was our best meal, from start to finish, in Breckenridge. It wasn't our best overall 'dining experience'--the food at Relish was nearly as good and we preferred Relish's atmosphere--but for food alone, Hearthstone was tops.

The Olathe corn soup others have commended is delicious, but there's not much of it. Huge bowl, little soup. None of the courses were particularly large, but in combination provided a plentiful meal. My husband LOVED the Elk; I thought the Salmon was quite good. For dessert we shared the 5-layer carrot cake. Instead of the bourbon vanilla shake we got a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Absolutely delicious and the perfect ending to the meal.

• Visited September 2012
Morgantown, West Virginia
“I expected more........”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I have to admit that I came away from the Hearthstone disappointed. The elk was not a WOW meal which it should have been for the price and reviews. The filet was good and the crab cake appetizer was excellent. But, for a $100 bill for two, I was not impressed. The historic atmosphere of the place is very nice.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank JukeJointJimmy
Mountains of CO
“Excellent food, excellent atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

I have eaten here many times and have never been disappointed. I usually get fish and my husband gets steak. They are always excellent! Make reservations because they are usually booked. It is a great place to experience wonderful food and a welcoming atmosphere in this old Victorian home.

Visited August 2012