“Great Breakfast!! Don't let the wait run you off!”
Review of Columbine Cafe

Columbine Cafe
Ranked #5 of 158 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 18, 2013

My wife, son and I ate at Columbine Café on our most recent trip to Breck. When arriving, there were people waiting outside, inside anywhere they could, to be seated. We gave our name to the host and asked about sitting outside. He said, "you can, but your wait will be longer." Whatever, we didn't need to sit outside. He was the only disappointment in the entire experience, we watched him for the half hour or so that we waited for our table. I think he was having a bad day, and took it out on each customer. Now to the breakfast, our waitress was awesome, she was upbeat and talkative and really made our dining experience great. They have an extensive menu for breakfast. Between the three of us we were able to try several items, biscuits and gravy, French toast, pancakes...you get the idea. Everything was great, and the price is what you would expect in a ski town. Do yourselves a favor and have breakfast at this Café, you won't be disappointed.

There are newer reviews for Columbine Cafe

Reviewed August 15, 2013

Whatever your taste is for breakfast, I'm sure you can find something here, and you can pretty well count on it being good. Their breakfast menu is quite extensive and the things my party and I have ordered we all enjoyed. I have never had lunch there, but my guess is you would be satisfied with whatever you ordered. Being a local I don't eat out for breakfast that often, but whenever I have guests to take out, this is where I take them. Service in Breckenridge tends to be a little less than what you might find in some areas (too many ski bums), but it is adequate.

Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Was a great find. Loved the atmosphere, food and service. If you're looking for a quick delicious bite, I highly recommend it.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Let me start out for saying that the food is delicious! Well at least their breakfast is, I've never had the lunch. I always get the breck scramble and my boyfriend has the courtyard special. The portions are big and the price is reasonable especially because you are full for hours after. They have outdoor seating which is nice to have on a sunny warm day but if not the indoor seating is a old cabin atmosphere. I have been here plenty of times being a local and 8/10 times th service is poor. The last time I was their is literally took the server 15 mins to come give us water and another 5 mins to take our order, ridiculous. Then the waitress proceeded to ask me if I was out late last night and asked me what I wanted in a slow stupor voice as if I was slow. No I'm not slow I was annoyed that she took so long to come to us especially with my friend visiting from another state and had to catch a flight. Other times the service hasn't been as bad but it is just slow. I just think that service can be a bit faster and less rude. If the food wasn't so delicious I would be completely turned off by this place.

Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

This was a great breakfast spot! Conveniently located in the middle of town, on Main St. Cute atmosphere. Pancakes were huge and delicious! French Toast and eggs were great, too.