“Really rasta an awful place” 1 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol
London
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Really rasta an awful place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2007

On reading the many good reviews about Rasta Pasta... we decided to give it a try as the mix of pasta and jamaican flavours intrigued us.

My goodness what a disappointment. I had the special, which was mix of pad thai, chicken and pasta....i literally took 2 mouthfuls and couldnt eat any more..... chicken, pineapple, thai spices, italian pasta and vegatables was all a little too much.....and this was the dish recommended by the waitress.

My father said he couldnt taste anything in his pasta and he was right....there napkins would have had more flavour. My mothers scrimp alfredo was better......

All meals come with a house salad. this entales a freezing cold dressing over a bowl of limp greens......

The waitress was nice enough and asked if we wanted anything else, as she could see that we had eaten very little. but after she seemed to become very cold towards us, no offer of coffee and the bill was chucked down on the table.

The atmosphere was awful. full of snowboarders, with a group all doing shots at the bar. believe me if you have any small expectation in a restaurant do not go to Rasta Pasta. its has to be the only restaurant in the world where the food is inedible.

1 Thank DG12

Morehead City, NC
“Great food at great prices”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2007

My wife and I both enjoyed our lunch on their patio. Generous portions at great prices. Service was fast.

Frankfort, IL
“Great little place!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2007

Located at the south end of Main St., this little place isn't fancy, but the service and food are both great. We went on on Sunday night at about 6pm. We were immediately seated but the place fills up quickly.

I had the Rasta Pasta and it was delicious, my son had an Alfredo dish which he enjoyed. Both were plentiful and we will eat here the next time we're in town!

1 Thank Chip K
Chicago
“Best Rasta Pasta”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2006

I'm from Chicago but every year I make the pilgrimage back to RP for the most unique pasta experience.

I typically eat lunch at the establishment and always find it to be comfortable, fast and clean. The Rasta Pasta dish is my favorite. Jerk seasoned chicken give it heat while the other flavors juts play along. I know my dining companions thoroughly enjoy the Seafood Alfredo as well.

Once you try it you will have to return again and again.

3 Thank BreckBound
Omaha, NE
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Favorite Restaurant, Ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2006

I love this place. Their food is absolutely amazing, the atmosphere is great, and I've always had great service there (sorry to read the other reviews!). Everytime we go to Colorado we make a point of at least driving through Breck so that we can eat at Rasta Pasta.
The dishes are a mix of jamaican, tropical fusion with italian and asian pasta dishes. Most of them sound very strange, but every one I've tried has just been jaw dropping fabulous. I think my favorite is the Natural Mystic. Sitting at this place after a hard day on the slopes with a bunch of friends, splitting a couple pitchers of beer, eating mouth watering pasta, all the while listening to Bob Marley over the stereo makes for one great Colorado evening!

1 Thank jimmy011