“Best Slice in Breckenridge”

Giampietro Pizzeria
Ranked #11 of 158 Restaurants in Breckenridge
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We always and I mean always have to come here everytime we visit Breck. Small and fun place and the pizza slices are huge. Service is fantastic. Only ever had salads and pizza but the other items look amazing too. Will have to try something other then pizza some day.

There are newer reviews for Giampietro Pizzeria

Reviewed August 31, 2013

Love the food here but you need to get here early to get a table. They have made it easier. You can stop in and leave a name and cell phone number and go shopping or catch a drink somewhere near and they will call you when a table is available. This is better than take out or delivery because their food cannot be beat when fresh out of the kitchen.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have a friend who's wife recently died from cancer. Giampietro's was one of their favorite restaurants and finest memories. He journeyed to Breckenridge from Florida to have a meal in her memory and spead some of her ashes outside . I have received an email indicating that the people at this restaurant took care of my friend and at his request took a photo of him spreading her ashes. Its not always about the food, (which frankly must be good as my friend and his wife have been all over the world and yet this was a place they had fond memories of). Its about the atmosphere and the comfort . Kudos to your restaurant and your employees who showed great care and patience with a stranger in pain. Thank you and may you continue to find goodness and success and be blessed with such caring people.

1  Thank treehuggersfriend
Reviewed August 27, 2013

My family visited Giampietro's during our trip to Breckenridge the week of August 12th. The first time we visited the restaurant was on a Monday evening around 6:00. The restaurant is certainly very tiny, but the courteous hostess stood outside the restaurant and offered to call our cell when our table was ready. This allowed us to explore the shops of Breck, instead of boring our child with a long wait. Once seated, the waitresses were polite and efficient. The kitchen area is open so it's easy to see how hard the whole staff works. We had the thin crust pizza on our first visit and everyone enjoyed it. Later that evening, my husband discovered he left his credit card at the restaurant. The staff held the credit card until the next day and the hostess even tried to turn down a tip for their kindness. We had Giampietro's a second time several days later, but this time we called in the order and picked it up. It was ready as promised and the staff was again friendly. We had the deep dish pizza on that occasion. Although it was okay, I've had better. The crust was a bit dark and difficult to eat on the edges. I would recommend staying with the thin crust if you will be visiting this restaurant for the pizza. If you are in the mood for other Italian food, they have other dishes that look tasty, but I can't comment on their taste for certain as we stuck with the pizza.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I were just in Breckenridge CO for a short summer vacation. We spent Saturday afternoon playing tourists and shopping on Main St. We were getting hungry and had to choose from all the varied restaurants along the shopping district. We came across Giampietro's and we decided to go in because we both love Italian, it smelled great, and by that time we were starving. It was 3pm and the very small dining room was almost full and there were a few people waiting for their takeout orders. The fact that it was so busy at 3 in the afternoon (while many other nearby restaurants were empty) was a very good sign. It looked like only 1 waitress was serving the 10 or so tables, but again you wouldn't normally expect to need a big staff on at that time of day.

We debated on getting full meals, splitting a pizza, or getting a calzone that a customer at the next table seemed to be enjoying. The menu stated that the calzones ($9.25 + $1.75/topping) were big enough to split so we decided to split one (with meatball topping) and each get a salad since it was early and we would have a "full" dinner later.

The single server was running around but was still attentive and cheerful. Some of the other employees helped out bussing tables and bringing out bread. The salads came out quickly and were made with mixed greens with a thick balsamic vinaigrette dressing which was very good. The bread was served with oil/vinegar on the side, but we both thought the bread was better if dipped in the salad dressing. About that time the 4 guys at the table on the other side were served 2 large pizzas that looked very good. I thought that we had possibly made a mistake and should have ordered the pizzas.

As we were finishing the salads, the calzone was served with each of us getting a plate. The serving was huge with each "half" filling a full plate. I thought the busy server had mistakenly ordered a calzone for each of us. When she came back to check on us I actually asked if this was one order and she smiled and said it was. The calzone was delicious. The bread was fresh and warm, filled with melted mozzarella cheese and the meatballs filled the calzone from end to end. We each got a cup full of warm marinara sauce with a spoon for ladling over the calzones.

Everything was delicious. We still had shopping to do so we each just had soft drinks and we were much too full to even consider dessert. Then came the nicest surprise from a great experience. The bill for this meal was $25! This is in the middle of the Breckenridge shopping district and I can assure you we paid a great deal more for a great deal less for other meals during our visit.

We would recommend Giampietro's whether you're looking for a full meal, a quick bite, or even takeout, and we can't wait to visit again when we return to Breckenridge.