“Great start/Terrible finish”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great start/Terrible finish”
Reviewed February 14, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

I booked this unit with Great Western for a family long ski weekend within 10 days of checking in. Great Western was great to work with in getting us the right unit and I knew due to timing I would have to pay 100% when I confirmed the reservation. The place was great, clean, nice location, etc..we have skied all of the major ski resorts throughout the West. The issue came when I fractured my ankle on the last run in before lunch on my first day. Summit skiing issued me a medical emergency form and Breck Lift Tiks, Southwest airlines and Hertz were all very accomodating in refunding me payment to get home early for surgery. Gw was the only entity I dealt with that refused to help us out by refunding the last night of the trip. We explanined it was a medical emergency but we were told it was against their policy and 45 days notice was required even in the event of an emergency or death. Who knows someone is going to die 45 days prior to leaving on your vacation dates? I am a very experienced business traveler and up until cracking my ankle was very happy with our experience with GW. Unfortunately for GW we were previewing properties to rent for next Xmas for a group of about 6 families and their short sighted policy of refunding $505 will wind up costing them over $20K in rental fees next Xmas. I suggest mgt at GW pick up a copy of the Wall Street Journal and read about the state of the economy and families traveling to destination resorts like Breckenridge. Savy traveleres have choices and I personally value good customer service over a nice walk in shower any day of the week.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Management Response
Feb 14, 2013
Dear Leo -

Thank you for your review! We always like to hear from our guests and this is great information for us to make sure that our units are getting the attention needed and guest’s are experiencing exceptional customer service.

I hope that the resolution I have sent over is acceptable, as it is very important to us that our guests not only arrive excited to be here, but also depart excited to return.

Your review of your stay in Saddlewood #25 is greatly appreciated and please let me know if there is anything I can assist with for your next trip to Breckenridge! We all also wish you a rapid recovery from your surgery and look forward to you skiing next year!

V. Peyton Rogers
Director of Sales
Great Western Lodging
Peyton@gwlodging.com
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing