“Lovely waterfall hike”

122 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“Lovely waterfall hike”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

A moderate waterfall hike with beautiful mountain scenery. My husband and I stopped short of the waterfall, but we ate our lunch at a spot where we could see the waterfall. My brother and his companion continued on to the waterfall and also climbed up to the top of it where they saw mountain goats. This is just a few miles south of Breck, so easy to get to. Would I do the hike again sometime? Absolutely! Also worthwhile is a drive down the road nearby to the reservoir. The valley view here is awesome, and you can park your car, then climb to the top where the reservoir is located. Marmots in this area.

2 Thank laneybelle

Denver, Colorado
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Beautiful Hike”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a great hike that follows a forest service road at first and then winds up the valley to a beautiful lake. If you are a low lander, the hike is steep and may require you to catch your breath a few times, but it is worth it.

The mosquitoes are FOR REAL. Come prepared. When we stopped, even for a few seconds, we were swarmed.

4 Thank SummitRidge
Colorado Springs, Colorado
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Nice, but steep hike”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Really liked the loneliness of this area. Beautiful trail. The trail is a little hard to find and parallels the stream.

Frisco, Colorado
“Mountain piranhas”
Reviewed July 13, 2013

It's a relatively short hike with some steep spots but the trail is in poor condition. I think that beetle kill has a little bit to do with the overall condition of the trail. They are going to conduct trail repairs starting July 15 so once that is finished it should be better. Bring / use bug repellent! I felt like I was back in the midwest with all of the mosquitoes.

Overland Park, Kansas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Hike”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My wife and kids (8 and 9 y/o) did this hike over the 4th of July and loved it! This was the kids' first hike in Colorado, and at times it was a little challenging, but they managed just fine. It took us 2 hours to get to the alpine lake at the top, but it (and the waterfall) was well worth it. Only took an hour to get down. Definitely recommend it--absolutely beautiful views and scenery.

2 Thank jason b