“Memories!!”

Breckenridge Nordic Center
Ranked #17 of 75 things to do in Breckenridge
More attraction details
Owner description: Traversing historic mining roads, cross-country ski and snowshoe trails are mapped and clearly marked offering magnificent scenery of the Ten Mile Range and Breckenridge Ski Resort.
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Have been there many times when I lived in Denver to go cross country skiing!! Lots of great memories!! They are remodeling the center and I know it's going to be even better!!

There are newer reviews for Breckenridge Nordic Center

Reviewed July 8, 2013

A great place for a Summer walk, Very flat great views easy for children to walk pretty high country flowers

1  Thank mmfoxybombshell
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Went here on the recommendation of a friend. Was pretty excited as i had never been snowshoeing before.

There is ample parking and it is easy to find with decent signage

The staff were friendly and the centre was nice and warm! There are restrooms to available to use here also. Although the staff were helpful, i didnt get a huge amount of help with my shoes. I have never been snowshoeing and both my shoes were clipped together and were not loosened. Luckily one of my friends was able to help me out as i had no idea how the shoes were supposed to fit. This wasnt a big deal at all but would have been nice to know for future reference and know how it was supposed to look and feel.

There are a couple of tracks that you can go on and it is reasonably well signed. It is a really pretty walk with lovely views. Take your camera as there are some pretty views and if you are lucky you might see some animals.

It was pretty hard work, especially with the freezing weather and strong wind. If you can avoid a really really cold day, i would! Can get a little windy. We wore our ski gear and that was fine.

Overall, my experience was good. There are a lot of other activities available at the centre which is a nice alternative to skiing if you need a change. There are options for small children too which is good. It was a workout and nice to do something other than skiing. Cross country skiing was pretty popular too.

1  Thank Bristraveller3870
Reviewed April 4, 2013

This place is very close to peak 7, where my husband and I were staying on our vacation. We decided to go snowshoeing and chose the closest place. Prices were very reasonable ($30-ish per person?). We decided to do the trails on our own (without a guide) and there were many levels of difficulty and distance to choose from. We chose the longest trail up to the Hallelujah cabin, which we were told by the staff had great views. It was between 4-5 miles (I think). We had been in breck almost a week, so we were pretty acclimated. We run pretty regularly at home, so we figured we could do this trail if we took it slow. Well, by the time we got to the cabin, we should have stopped, but we had to go all the way back (2+ miles). I seriously think we were gone 3-4 hours...If you arent someone who runs or walks long distances often, it may be difficult for you. Its definitely do-able for anyone, but it may take longer if you need to take breaks, as we did :). We definitely should have done a shorter trail, but we laughed at ourselves and had a great time. Trail signs were easy to see. The view was good. We loved trecking through the woods and looking for wildlife. There were other people on the trail, so we felt pretty safe. Its definitely a great workout. We had a blast and would do this again...we'll be prepared for the long trail next time!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had a guide Sarah who was so fun, knowledgable and really loves her job! The views were excellent and the trail was easy for the moderate athlete.