“Beautiful!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Breckenridge Ski Resort
Book In Advance
Book Now
More attraction details
Owner description: Four huge peaks, five terrain parks, three half-pipes, two high-speed six passenger SuperChairs, a top-notch Ski & Ride School, the highest chairlift in North America, unparalleled grooming, exciting events, and a historic mining town with endless shopping, dining and nightlife!
Batavia, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Beautiful location with plenty to do in town! Everything is a bit pricey, but it is a ski resort. Plenty of skiing to do... if you are into that sort of thing.

Houston, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Ski & Snowboarding Lesson”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I was really hesitant to take lessons, because of how expensive they were, but when I got there - I decided to just go ahead and do it, because a friend was also doing it. First off - I took ski lessons with a class, $145/per person, which also included your lift ticket ($115) - score! They break you up into a class of about 5-8 and you have an instructor with you. Our instructor was John; very funny gentleman and made it comfortable to learn from. By the end of the day, I was able to get on the lift, not fall of when I get down, and ski on an actual slope (no bunny slopes here), and get down to the bottom! Last year I went to Breck and was unable to go down a green slope without falling multiple times. This year, I was able to go down and not have any issues that I had last year. I was much more confident after my one day lesson than I was without any lessons. Don't get me wrong, I'm still no pro, but at least I am able to go down a green without feeling like I could be a sliding wreck!
The last day, I was convinced to take a private snowboarding lesson with my brother. (After getting the skiing down), and we had Eric Hamilton aka "Hami". Let me tell you, he was amazingly patient. While my brother was able to get it down within half a day, it actually took me a whole day...and although I wasn't as adventurous as my brother, I was able to ask Hami to let go of my hand so that I could try going down the slope without him holding my hand. It was almost as if I was a child on training wheels, and looking for that sense of freedom. He actually helped me feel secure in trusting him with my life (literally). Every time I feel, he didn't discourage me and he took into consideration of my knee issues. It was greatly appreciated.

It's almost surprising how little these instructors (both private and group) get paid. They are clearly the heart of this operation, because it is definitely not for their pay. These instructors are really passionate about what they're doing and why, and it almost makes feel bad at how much we, as consumers pay, to utilize these services (almost $800 for the private lesson) and the instructors get paid next to nothing. Clearly, they have to truly enjoy what they do, otherwise, you would have some punk kid, who knows nothing, trying to explain how to maneuver down a slope on a board. And for that - I give them only 4 dots...

Visited March 2013
Pensacola, FL
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Fun mountain and quaint town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Breckenridge is an ideal ski town with fun and challenging skiing as well as a lively and historic downtown. The elevation is higher than other ski towns I've been (Steamboat, Park City), so the first day our group had to get acclimated. Locals were friendly and not pretentious.

Visited March 2013
Oakton, Virginia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Huge mountain”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

Breckenridge is a great ski resort and is also VERY popular. Translate=crowded. But even though it can get very crowded it is managed well. Navigating from peak to peak is very easy. The town is cute with a lot of shops. Many choice of places to stay also.

1 Thank Trish K
Frankfurt, Germany
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great skiing location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Great skiing, lots of options for beginners and advances skiers alike. Don't trust the grooming reports, however... often a bit overstated. You should be familar with high alpine conditions - particularly as the gusty winds at the top of the peaks can be really nasty at times.