“Big,crowded,cold/windy”

Breckenridge Ski Resort
More attraction details
Owner description: Four huge peaks, five terrain parks, three half-pipes, two high-speed six passenger SuperChairs, a top-notch Ski & Ride School, the highest chairlift in North America, unparalleled grooming, exciting events, and a historic mining town with endless shopping, dining and nightlife!
Reviewed February 20, 2013

After skiing WP, the 'Boat" and ending at Breck on our ski trip I have to put it in 3rd place.
Maybe the cold/wind (by far the coldest), maybe because of the crowd (wait at lift lines-1st time after 8 days),maybe the lack of good tree skiing (I know they are not know for tree skiing + their woods seems to have a lot of stumps and dead fall). They did have some snow while we where there and wide open slopes and Peak 7 seemed to be (at the top) the least crowded until you ret to lift.Peak 10 was also good with 8 and 9 (where we stayed)were good in early am. A lot of newbee skiers,taking up the whole slope, standing in front of the lift entrance and of course your boarders just flopping down in the middle of slopes----(get off to the side).You could ski most of the mtn every day

Morgan B, Manager at Breckenridge Ski Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Hello Wataugaman-
Thanks for the review! When were you here? If it was President's Day weekend, we'd have to say we agree with you -- it was quite busy that day (and typically one of the busiest days of the year), however, it would have been busy at almost any resort.

We'd love for you to come back and try Breck and see what you think as we feel you probably had some back luck with the weather. Can you email breckinfo@vailresorts.com with the subject line "Online Elevation" and we'll see what we can do to make your experience better?
Thanks!

There are newer reviews for Breckenridge Ski Resort

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Breckenridge was my first skiing experience (2008). It was a great place to be introduced to skiing and I have loved it since. The ski school instructors are great and there is a lot of easy, green terrain to practice on. I have since been many other places and still come back to Breck. when I can. It�s a great mountain and a great town.

Reviewed February 12, 2013

the trails are perfect for our family because we are all on different levels. Dad and son can go have fun on peak 7 on blues and blacks while Mom skis blues and greens and the daughters learn on peak 8. The ski school was great...wish we had put the girls in the first day...much nicer than Mom trying to teach them.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

I went on vacation with my boyfriend to Breck and we loved it. I am a beginner skier and I typically stick to the green runs and the easier blues. I was pleasantly surprised to find plenty of trails to ski. I was able to ski all the greens and 75% of the blue runs. My boyfriend was happy because he didn't get stuck on boring green runs with me the whole time. We were able to ski on peak 7, 8, and 9. It is a great resort for beginners and it allowed me to build my confidence because the blue runs were not super steep and scary as some are in other ski resorts. I was so scared the I was going to get in a situation where I would end up on some scary steep hill that I would break a leg or have to climb down the side of a mountain. This was far from that. The blue runs were challenging but not super scary.

The signage and the helpful staff allowed for easy navigation from peak to peak and the mountain was very well organized. I have been to other resorts out west that were not well organized in the layout and it makes the exeperience less enjoyable when a mountain is not organized properly. They always gave you a clear route for the easiest way down the mountain, and a route for peak to peak transfer.

Another thing they do a very good job of is overall saftey. There are tons of signs everywhere which prevent you from ending up somewhere where you could get hurt. I felt very safe the whole time I was there. They really do an amazing job in the saftey department.

I also like the epic mix card that scans through your ski coat and tracks your vertical feet. They also have photographers that take your picture for you at various points on the mountain. You can keep the low resolution picture for free or buy the high resolution picture from your account.

The staff was great, the layout great, I felt safe, and had plenty of trails to do as beginner skier, I recommend going during the weekdays so it is not so busy as I did and it was not to too crowded.
Loved Breck ski resort. Overall A+

1  Thank TacoStand
Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

Have skied here a couple of times during January & February. The area is absolutely huge with loads of trails for all levels of skiing.

Peak 8 is one of the biggest peaks, as it is home to ski school etc. the lines at peak 8 can be extremely busy during busy times & you can wait up to half a hour. However, explore the area & try different peaks (I like peak 9 & 10) & they are definitely not as busy & no wait for lifts. Gondolas also available (& also free for non skiers) which is handy to get to peak to peak. Also easy to get to town too. Gondolas stop at 430pm

Mixture of trails, ski school is pretty good too. Snow has been improving but I found it a little icey compared to other ski areas

Breckenridge is part of vail resorts so don't expect any discounted tickets, about $105 for a day which is pricey. Can purchase online 7days prior, slightly cheaper. Half days can only be purchased after 1155am & valid until 4pm but can use at keystone for night skiing too. Food is also reasonably expensive compared to other ski areas.

Staff are friendly & place has a good vibe. Lift operators are considerate (apart from a few!) & lines are well organized.

Very popular with children & kids ski school is well organized.

Breckenridge town is very close with a big range of shops, places to eat, services & large supermarket which is handy for those self catering. Big tourist resort so can pretty busy. Definitely a bit pricier but not in the aspen/vail league.

I really enjoy Breckenridge when I'm away from the masses.

1  Thank Bristraveller3870