We stayed here (at the Monte Cristo - #203) through RCI. People at RCI didn't give it very good reviews, so I was pleasantly surprised when we arrived to find a neat little condo. It was supposed to be 1br/1ba, with a sleeper sofa. Turns out we had an extra bedroom with bunkbeds - so it was a bonus.
First, the good:
1) The location was fabulous - just a couple blocks from Main streets.
2) It was clean and had a neat little set-up.
3) There was a full kitchen with dishes/utensils etc. provided,
3) The bathroom had updated decor and a fan (important if you eat Mexican - lol)
4) Fabulous views from the large balcony
5) Lots of storage space and decent size condo
6) Hot tub in basement
7) Outdoor storage for skiing and winter sport equipment.
1) For 4 people, there were only 6 towels for the week. That meant laundry had to be done at least 2x if we used our towels 2x each
2) The bunkbeds were so high (AND NO BEDRAILS) so getting in and out of top bunk was a problem.
3) The linens on the bunkbeds were not very secure so the fitted sheet kept coming off and it was a booger to put back on.
4) We didn't discover until we had fully read the papers we received on check-in that while you do get fresh sheets when you check in, there's a good chance the blankets and bedspreads haven't been washed when you get there. EWWWWWW.
5) The carpet, while vacuumed, had a couple of stains and floor was uneven.
6) There is no laundry vending in the basement so you have to buy/bring your own laundry supplies
7) The only Internet access is in the basement??
8) TVs work, but don't expect hi-def. That being said, don't stay inside and watch tv - get out and go!
Still, we would probably stay there again, but request all the covers be washed or do so ourselves upon arrival.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Excellent in town location, just two blocks from Main Street and directly on the bus route. All condos sleep 6, have one bath, a fully equipped kitchen, queen sleeper sofa in the living room, queen bed in the master, and either bunk beds in the den or 2 twins in the second bedroom. This prime in-town location is steps from shops, restaurants, and museums. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Alpenrose Condominiums - Vrmc Hotel Breckenridge