“Great lodge”

Mountain Thunder Lodge
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed here last Thanksgiving week and will return for Thanksgiving 2012. My kids were 4 and 10 last year and we enjoyed the pools, the hot tubs, the area for sledding. The lodge is very nice- we rented from an individual owner. Be sure to use the luxurious indoor pool at One Ski Hill Place, the sister property. Mountain Thunder is within walking distance of downtown and the gondola, but nestled into the woods. The shuttle system in Breck is easy to use. You don't really need a car here.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed September 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights. The most important thing about this place is Sean. The man at the front desk was exceptional. He was kind, very patient. I had a horrible time with booking.com, and he took the time to see that my needs were met. I can't imagine staying anywhere else. Thanks, again Sean!! Beautiful place, clean, quiet, perfect!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2012

We stayed here during Labor Day weekend. I was surprised how great the rates were - as they go up to over $1,000 per night during ski season. We had a large corner unit condo with 2 bedrooms and 2 baths. The kitchen had stainless steel appliances and slab granite counters. Bathrooms were nicely upgraded as well. The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful - called the free shuttle for us and even suggested great restaurants for us to try out during our stay.

Room Tip: Corner unit facing mountains are quiet and larger.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kfriel
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Perfect for a girls' getaway weekend - friendly staff, convenient location, well appointed. Walked easily down to main drag for shopping and dining. And so close to so many lovely hiking trails. I'll bring my family & friends here again, and next time we'll rent bikes to use on the inviting trails.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2012

What a great surprise to find how beautiful our two bedroom condo was and in such a great location. Just a few blocks from downtown and within walking distance to the gondola taking us to the alpine slide. Very friendly, helpful staff and a great summer rate for such a nice place. Pool very nice with 2 hot tubs in a beautiful setting.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

Just wanted to head for the hills before the snow rolled in. What a pleasant surprise. Had a Fantastic time. Freiendly staff and relaxing accomodations.Stayed in building 5. Was more than what I expected. I would come back and recommend to my friends.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was our first trip to Breckenridge, and the Thunder Mountain Lodge proved the perfect place for us to stay. It was only about a 5 minute walk to town, making it nice not to have to take the car everywhere. The people at the Lodge could not have been friendlier. And the accommodations were wonderful. The bedrooms and bathrooms were huge, especially the master bedroom, and the living space and kitchen were just perfect. We cooked in a few nights, and the condo was very well-equipped. The hot tubs and swimming pool on the premises were just beautiful, as were the grounds in general. I even saw a mountain lion out of the bedroom window one afternoon. We were in a downstairs unit, and the only issue we had was on the last evening, it sounded like a herd of buffalo had moved in upstairs. At first it sounded like they were cleaning at 10 pm, but then I heard people stomping around again around 7 am. If it's possible to request an upstairs unit, I would probably do that next time. But I would most definitely stay at this fabulous resort again. Thank you for making our first trip to Breckenridge so special!

Room Tip: Select upstairs unit, if possible!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple