“Great location close to Main Street”
Review of Fireside Inn

Fireside Inn
Ranked #2 of 6 Breckenridge B&B and Inns
Golden, CO
“Great location close to Main Street”
Reviewed September 17, 2007

Did not spend much time at the property but it was a convenient place to spend the night and the bunkbeds were small but comfortable.

As some of the other reviewers have mentioned, the property is both a bed & breakfast and a hostel. When I booked my room, I wish I would've known I was booking a hostel room (then again, I booked the last available room, so beggars can be choosers). It was mid-September, so the temperature in the room was fine; however the room was small, at least when compared to a typical bed and breakfast room.

I found the owners be pleasant, polite and friendly, not overbearing.

The only complaint I had with my one night there was that when I checked in I was told by Andy that breakfast was included but when I checked out I was charged $8 by Nicki for a small but good breakfast.

• Liked — location
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank AJGolden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Midwest
Reviewed March 31, 2007

Nikki and Andy (the owners) are artificially friendly to the dormitory guests, and genuinely friendly to the others in the more expensive rooms. Although I had a good stay, I can't say I ever felt welcome. You can tell that Nikki and Andy wish they had different jobs, and they are always trying to nickel and dime you. Don't plan on sleeping comfortably if you are over 6 feet tall, and note that everything there costs money. The breakfast was a ripoff (not worth $8), the hot tub is only for use from 4 to 8 everyday, and they charge $12/hour for internet use. The rooms are freezing at night. None of this is indicated on their website. I am an extremely friendly person, but at one point Nikki yelled at me with "Why can't you shower? Because I said so and that's the rule" because I asked her if I could take a shower on my last day of skiing (I checked out that morning). She then told me I could take a cab to the Breck rec center, pay to get in, and then shower there if it meant so much to me. If you have friends, get a cheap hotel and avoid feeling like the equivalent of a piece of trash, but if you want a cheap place to sleep, Fireside is it.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Not feeling welcome
  • Stayed March 2007, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
8 Thank bennyboyboy314
london
Reviewed July 31, 2006

This B&B is a gem in Breckenridge. The owners are great. The property is well kept and has nice outdoor seating. Perfect location being one street up from the main street but you have all the privacy you need.
Thanks,
Jessie
London, England

2 Thank newhampshirewannabe
Raleigh, Nc
Reviewed July 7, 2006

I had a great stay in a hostel room at the Fireside Inn in early June while passing through Breckenridge. I've stayed in several hostels in the US and this is one of the nicest. The owners (Andy and Niki) were so friendly and accommodating from the time I called to ask about availability until I checked out. Its clear that they love what they do.

There are four beds in each hostel rooms. Each bed has a reading light and a privacy curtain, a large private locker (bring your own lock). There are two spotless private baths for hostel guests. The owners have set up a great little kitchen area for hostelers that includes a microwave, refrigerator, dishes and silverware and a few basic cooking supplies. The common area/lounge was very comfortable and they had a good selection of restaurant menus and information about things to do in the area.

The Fireside Inn is located just a couple of blocks from the main street and within walking distance of almost everything in Breckenridge. Parking is provided across the street in a church parking lot.

The Fireside Inn was such a nice place and the area around Breckenridge so beautiful, I wish I could have stayed in the area and explored for a few days.

Dale Suiter, Raleigh NC

• Stayed June 2006
2 Thank ncsalsero
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 22, 2006

The proprietors of this B&B make a trip a very enjoyable experience and the breakfasts were excellent. A negative was the cold temperatures in the inn (it is an older building). Additionally, they rent dormitory rooms (without the breakfast) so there are many boarders coming and going. This unfortunately makes it seem more like a hostel and not a B&B. The location is excellent since it is on a bus route to the slopes and you are a block from Main Street. If you are looking for simple accomodations at a reasonable price, this is the place to stay.

• Stayed March 2006
2 Thank Marko1205
Scottsdale, AZ
Reviewed January 29, 2005

The proprietors, Andy and Niki couldn't be more hospitable. This establishment is both a B&B and a hostel. It is without a doubt one of the nicest hostel facilities I have visited and I have visited many worldwide. There is a hot tub available along with a cozy common room with a fireplace. Internet is available and also a cute telephone for the hostelers that has a seat made of a ski lift chair!
We stayed in the Wildflower Room which was very comfortable and had a TV and a much needed jacuzzi tub. Breakfast was made to order based on 6 or 7 choices and done with clockwork precision. The Fireside is in the heart of downtown Breckenridge right on the shuttle route and within walking distance of many restaurants and shops. All over outstanding!
Viki Garrett

2 Thank QueenVictoria11
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 11, 2004

Just returned from a 2 night stay at the Fireside Inn over Columbus Day weekend. Words cannot express the experience we had there- Andy and Niki provided great hospitality and our room was fabulous. We chose the Brandywine Suite, which is a two room suite which also includes a two person heart shaped Jacuzzi tub- a very nice getaway. Included in our room was also exclusive use of the wooden soaking hot tub downstairs after the hours of 8 PM. While there we enjoyed breakfast twice- no fancy breakfast entrees just the old staples of eggs or pancakes or french toast- but done quite well. We did not run into any problems at all: the company of the hosts dog (Gustaph I think?) was great and there was even a murder mystery birthday party being hosted for their daughter, which we wished we could have been a part of because it looked quite fun. We felt quite welcome and would return for another weekend stay.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member