“Cozy and delicious”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Wellington
Transit: The Warming Hut Restaurant is located 300 feet from the gondola and the Breckenridge Transit Station where guests can catch a Summit Stage Bus or the local Free Ride Bus. The Free Ride Bus also stops on Main Street in front of the Wellington Lot, which is about 100 feet South of our building.
Description: We are proud of our beautiful restaurant which is located in one of the most important historical buildings in all of Breckenridge," The O.K. Gaymon House", at 207 North Main Street. We have enlarged the original property and the building has not only been totally renovated but also turned into restaurant use by both the restaurant owner, Stacey Brooks Connolly, and the building owner, Peter Joyce of Rockridge Building Company.The O.K. Gaymon House, built in 1898, was the home of Oren K. And Augusta "Gussie" K. Childress Gaymon. Oren was the founder of Dillon's Enterprise, the first newspaper in Dillon, Colorado and he was also the third editor and publisher of the Summit County Journal. O.K., One of the county's first newspapermen, brought his printing presses over Boreas Pass and down Indiana Gulch with sled and wagon. Throughout the years the home has been a private residence and several offices. Just recently the home was renovated and turned into one of Breckenridge's newest and best restaurants, "The Warming Hut Restaurant". The O.K. Gaymon House has retained it's historical register and will continue to delight both locals and visitors for many years to come.
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Cozy and delicious”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Happened upon the Warming Hut on the south side of Main Street and was treated to a cozy dining room and delicious food. The service was excellent and the trout was off the charts good. This is my new favorite restaurant in Breckenridge.

• Visited September 2012
Stacey B, Owner at The Warming Hut Restaurant, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thanks so very much for your review!!! We always love to hear from our customers and it means so much to get verbal, or written feedback!!! Thank you again for taking time out of your day to do this!!! Hope to see you again, Love, Stacey and The Warming Hut Staff!!!

Regina, Canada
“Pleasantly surprised!”
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We went for a light meal and were very pleased. The bison and chorizo chili had very nice flavor and just right portion wise. The corn chowder was tasty and the jalapeño cornbread was a nice addition. We shared the warm lamb salad which was amazing. The favour was excellent. Our server was attentice and the price was very reasonable. We will definitely return.

Stacey B, Owner at The Warming Hut Restaurant, responded to this review, September 10, 2012
Hello! Just wanted to take a moment to thank YOU for taking time to review us..............it means so much to myself and my staff when customers take the time to give solid, good constructive feedback to us - whether in person or email or in writing! Thanks for visiting us and hope to see you again sometime soon in the future! Love, Stacey, Owner, The Warming Hut Restaurant.
Salina, Kansas
“not up to par”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

pasta was served in a bowl and elk was tough. no real presentation just put on a plate. not up to others in Breck. for the price

• Visited August 2012
Stacey B, Owner at The Warming Hut Restaurant, responded to this review, January 20, 2015
Your kind words mean so much to me and the staff! Thanks so much for reviewing us! We can't wait
To make your next visit just as comfy n cozy n yummy! Thanks again! Love stace n the hut crew
Manchester, Vermont
“Surprisingly bad meal”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I walked by The Warming Hut this afternoon and were charmed by its lovely cottage-like atmosphere. We looked at the menu, saw several appetizing dishes and stepped in to make reservations for an early dinner. The woman who took our reservation couldn't have been nicer--she even let us reserve the table of our choice. Fast forward to dinner. Our server suggested a wine for my husband: tasty, but a small pour. She also highly suggested the zucchini fritter appetizer and the dinner special, shrimp and blue crab in a cream sauce over penne pasta topped with pine nuts. Yum, we thought...boy, were we wrong. The fritters were terrible. I'm not sure I've ever used that term in a TA review, but it's the only word that fits. Frozen appetizers from the grocery store would have been a huge improvement. Surely the entree would be better, we thought. Boy, were we wrong. The blue crab, which I discussed in detail with the server before ordering, was absent in my husband's entree and extremely limited in mine. I got 2 slivers--seriously, 2 tiny pieces that together wouldn't have filled half a teaspoon. When the server asked if we were enjoying our meal I showed her my crab slivers and said they were the entirety of crab in my meal. Her response: "Well, I hadn't seen the presentation. Maybe the crab is ground up really fine." No apology or attempt to salvage our meal. She did bring bread, including Mexican cornbread, which we normally love, and which was so bad we each took only one bite. We spent $70 for one decent half glass of wine, a terrible appetizer, worse Mexican cornbread and a less then mediocre entree. Really bad choice for our evening meal.

I see that the owner responds personally to TA reviews. Because she so obviously cares about her restaurant, I feel badly giving it two thumbs down, but I owe it to other TA reviewers to offer my painfully honest opinion.

• Visited August 2012
Stacey B, Owner at The Warming Hut Restaurant, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Hello, and many thanks for your input and taking time to write down your thoughts. My only regret is that you did not take time to ask for the manager or the owner, myself, Stacey. I am almost always at the restaurant and I am always very concerned about my customers think and feel about their experience. You obviously feel passionate and strong about your opinions and experience so I do sincerely wish you would of taken time to tell me this in person. Having done so I would of corrected anything in my power and if not correctable then I would of completely comped your meal. As the owner my passion is food and wine and the desire to make all of my customers' experience warm, inviting and good. I ask kindly that next time if you are so unhappy with an experience that you take time to make sure someone knows in person at the restaurant. Thanks, Stacey
Houston, Texas
“Fabulous lunch!”
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

Stopped in for late lunch, received very warm welcome even though it was 2:20 pm. Ordered soup of day (tomato bisque), and 2 sides, Mac n cheese & veggie of day (sautéed zucchini). All three were TERRIFIC; very unusual tomato bisque, much richer flavor than a typical tomato soup. Server was attentive and helpful, all in all a delightful solo lunch.

Stacey B, Owner at The Warming Hut Restaurant, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
just wanted to say thanks for taking time to write about the warming hut.........we love to get feedback from our customers as we are always trying to improve............many thanks to you and looking forward to seeing you again! love, stacey (owner, warming hut)