1,005 results
All reviewsbar grillpools and hot tubsin towntime sharechristy sportsthe kitchenfree shuttletimeshare exchangeon site restaurantshuttle servicegarage doorbedroom unitwasher and dryerski weekpool tablenice resortcrock pot
Reviewed December 20, 2010

I just stayed at the Grand Timber Lodge for a week. I have nothing negative to say about this place. We arrived to a clean, and very nice 2 bedroom condo. The apartment was very spacious, and was up to my standards of cleanliness. I usually bring my own sheets and clean my hotel/condo rooms because I have OCD about cleanliness. Nothing needed to be done at this resort! I could sleep without worry! I traveled with my 1 year old son, and didnt have to worry about anything he touched and played with. The staff was very helpful with our travel arrangements due to a snowstorm that came the day of our departure. The ammenities were great! The pool/hot tubs were very nice, as well as the underground heated garage. Also, the location couldn't be better. I could walk right out our porch and to the ski lift in less than 5 minutes. Can not express how great of an experience it was staying with Grand Timber Lodge. Will definitely visit again!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
CustomerServiceDept, Customer Service at Grand Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 31, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Grand Timber Lodge – we are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us! It is our company’s policy to ensure that the highest standard of cleanliness is always guaranteed. We are very proud of the amenities that we offer at Grand Timber, including a number of hot tubs and heated pools, a full service day spa, the Lodgepole Bar and Grill, and underground heated parking for all of our guests. The location is ideal; Grand Timber is situated between the Snowflake Lift and the Beaver Run Superchair, as well as only a 5 minute walk or free shuttle ride into town. We look forward to having you stay with us again!

Reviewed December 12, 2010

We visit here 2-3 times per year. This visit we stayed in a studio room. Upon entry to our room, we were surprised that our room was designed to accommodate wheelchairs. There was no tub, just a shower with a drop down bench. (So much for the bubble bath I brought along with us) Bed was very uncomfortable and pillows were very substandard. Extra pillows did not have cases. We asked for cases from the front desk and after 2 hours of waiting, we called down and asked again. They were brought up within 20 minutes. We really enjoyed the pools and hot tubs, especially since our room was lacking a tub. Room was very clean. New carpet and nice furnishings. We have stayed at this resort 4 times in the past and have never experienced uncomfortable beds. Must have been a fluke!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
CustomerServiceDept, Customer Service at Grand Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 18, 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of Grand Timber Lodge. I apologize that your stay was not of the same caliber that you’re accustomed to when you stay with us. I passed your comments regarding the pillows along to our maintenance department and was pleased to discover that we recently placed an order for new pillows and per several owner complaints, we have upgraded the quality of pillows as well. We do have a small number of units that are handicapped accessible, and in the future, I encourage you to request a non-handicapped accessible unit so that you will have a unit with a bathtub. However, if for some reason you are given a room without a bathtub, we do have a number of hot tubs and pools for general use. Thanks again for taking the time to write a review – we truly appreciate the feedback!

Reviewed October 27, 2010

Stayed here with 3 couples. Each had their own bedroom and bathroom. Great kitchen. Easy access to everything. Walked to the alpine slide. Used the shuttle to go into town for dinner and shopping. Noticed the lift right outside our window, and plan to return for winter skiing. Very upscale furnishings and pool.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
CustomerServiceDept, Customer Service at Grand Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Grand Timber Lodge! Grand Timber is located in a prime spot in Breckenridge – next to the chairlift in the winter, surrounded by hiking trails in the summer, as well as a short walk or free shuttle ride to Main Street! The town of Breckenridge has so much to offer, by way of great shops, a variety of restaurants, along with all of the outdoors activities that you can partake in on your visit. Thanks for taking the time to review your stay at Grand Timber Lodge!

Reviewed October 27, 2010

We stayed here through an interval international exchange. We loved it. The place is spotless and has great views. I am posting some pictures of the unit and of the views. We had a 2 bedroom which really is a one bedroom with a studio attached (kind of like adjoining rooms in a hotel). This is nice because it is a lock out so you could have your guest have privacy as well.

The studio had a small dishwasher, mini fridge, microwave and two burner stove. No oven. There are no balconies with the studios.

The main apartment had a huge living room with full kitchen which was well appointed and the master bedroom and bath were large and very comfortable. All of the furnishings were in excellent shape. The balcony was huge. Only had 2 plastic chairs and a small plastic table which was fine for us but if you have more than 2 people it would have been nice to have 4 chairs.

Staff was helpful and friendly. Can't complain about anything. It is truly a great resort. We did not try the restaurant on site but saw many people having snacks by the pool which looked good. The pools and spas are great and there is a small fitness center on site. Lots of trails around to hike or run.

The resort has several common areas with gas grills. They don't have auto lighters on them so bring some matches or a grill lighter. The front desk can also give you matches. They have an activities desk which was helpful in getting trail maps etc. You can book excursions with them but I didn't get a chance to do that.

The spa was fantastic. The regular price is a little pricy for me although it is very normal price for the area. The did have a special which was awesome. The facility is wonderful and very relaxing. I felt like a million bucks.

My husband and I went hiking a couple of days. We did a trail which was to take us to mohak lakes and to continental falls. It is just about 5 minutes outside of town and it is a hard and long hike but it is fantastic. The falls and the lakes are very pretty. Start early as it will take you a while. If you do the entire trail it is 3 miles there and 3 back and it is difficult at times. Take lots of water and a rain poncho and probably a snack or two. We truly enjoyed it.

The wifi is not free but you can get an unlimited package for $20 for the week. I had some troubles connecting with my machine because I have a vpn but my husband could use his without any issues.

There is underground covered parking which is very nice. You must have your keycard to your room to access it.

Lots of places to eat in town. Went to surrounding communities such as Vail.

Let me know if you have any questions.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WILLVINO

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review of your stay at Grand Timber Lodge! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Grand Timber is truly the place to stay if you come to Breckenridge. The units are spacious and very well-equipped for the comfort of every guest. Onsite, there is a restaurant, spa, a Christy Sports store, as well as a number of hot tubs and pools. The Lodge is located in an ideal spot: it is ski-in, ski-out, surrounded by hiking and biking trails, as well as just a short walk to Main Street. We invite you to visit our website to see all that Grand Timber has to offer!

Reviewed October 20, 2010

We had a room booked for Mon-Wed and when my wife arrived on Tuesday @ noon they would not let her check in till 4pm. When she asked why our paid for room was not available they could'nt give us a straight answer. When we asked about extending our stay for another night the front desk said we had to call reservations and reservations said they couldn't let us know till Wed AM. Seems strange that a property wouldn't know on Tuesday if they had rooms avaialbe on Wednesday. All this is occurring off season and we're owners there.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank jstrattonco
CustomerServiceDept, Customer Service at Grand Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2010

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about Grand Timber Lodge. I apologize that you experienced a number of inconveniences. Without looking into your reservation file, I am unable to see why you wouldn’t be able to get into a room you already had booked until 4pm. The Reservations office is who you would need to speak to regarding extending a reservation and we have been unusually busy for an off-season time. I would encourage you to call into the Owner Relations office in order for us to try to remedy this situation.