My husband and I visited GTL the week before Labor Day. The resort is in a great location. We could walk to downtown. A bus runs to downtown on a regular schedule, every half hour, I believe. During ski season, it would be very close to the lifts. Not quite ski in/ski out. You would have to walk a bit to the closest lift, but you could ski straight back in.
We were in building 2. It was very quiet. We hardly ever heard other guests from inside our room, even from our own lock-off unit. The unit itself was very roomy. The kitchen was very well equipped, with nice cabinets, appliances, and counters. The bed was not very comfortable. The mattress was pretty hard. The bedroom closet was small and the carpet showed signs of wear, but overall we were happy with the unit.
Wireless internet is available for free in the Great Room, but costs to have it in your unit. It was a kind of a pain to lug the laptop to the next building, but we didn't feel like paying extra for it. We think it should be available for free in the units. It's already installed, so it wouldn't cost them any more.
The pool and spa near our building were small, but clean and never overcrowded, probably because of the weather. It was cooler than we expected. The water was comfortably warm and both felt good after a day of hiking.
My husband would like to return to GTL during ski season. I'm not really a skier, so it'll probably have to be a "guys" trip.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Timber Lodge is a luxury ski-in/out condominium resort offering the largest amenities package in Breckenridge. Our exquisitely appointed luxury condominiums are conveniently located between Peaks 8 and 9 at the world famous Breckenridge Ski Resort. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Breckenridge’s Main Street, indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs, a fitness center, complimentary shuttle bus, pampering spa and salon services, an on-site ski/bike concierge, a bar and restaurant and much more. At Grand Timber Lodge, you’ll find everything you need for a great vacation: A lovely and private wooded setting, excellent amenities, all of the comforts and convenience of home, and a staff eager to make your vacation simply perfect! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Timber Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Timber Hotel Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Lodge Breckenridge Colorado