This was our fifth stay at Grand Timber Lodge in 6 years, trading Interval International or using bonus weeks. In general, the units are wonderful, spacious, well equipped, great views, quiet, and truly restful. We stayed in Building 7 this time, with a family of two adults, two kids.
Since we have had such a wonderful time over the years at GTL, we think it's important to ask the lodge to pay attention to some details in order to keep their high standards and their reputation as one of the best resorts in Breckenridge.
First, the quality of the staff is very changeable. This week, we had great experiences with polite, knowledgable staff at the front desk; and then an hour later, with someone else, a snooty "don't bother me, I'm reading a book" attitude; to someone unfriendly and rude. We prefer the first category!
Second, the standing water after many days of rain, by the elevator in the garage, was disturbing. The "wet floor" sign didn't cut it for us, since standing water at an elevator is dangerous.
Third, there seemed to be a lack of staff, perhaps because this is early in the summer season. That could explain the standing water. Using both the women's locker room and the family changing room by the large pool, was not pleasant. The floors were not clean, they were soaking wet, no one seemed to come in to mop them at any time during the day. The smell of a septic system was quite strong, and neither locker room was clean, though they were well stocked with every possible amenity
Fourth, the DVD players were difficult to use. It would have been great to have a manual of some sort.
Family movie night was lovely for our kids, and having free internet in the main building was very convenient. I'm sure we will stay here again, and would just like to see some improvement in the areas above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Timber Lodge is a luxury ski-in/out condominium resort offering the largest amenities package in Breckenridge. Our exquisitely appointed luxury condominiums are conveniently located between Peaks 8 and 9 at the world famous Breckenridge Ski Resort. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Breckenridge’s Main Street, indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs, a fitness center, complimentary shuttle bus, pampering spa and salon services, an on-site ski/bike concierge, a bar and restaurant and much more. At Grand Timber Lodge, you’ll find everything you need for a great vacation: A lovely and private wooded setting, excellent amenities, all of the comforts and convenience of home, and a staff eager to make your vacation simply perfect! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Timber Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Timber Hotel Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Lodge Breckenridge Colorado