1,006 results
All reviewsbar grillpools and hot tubsin towntime sharechristy sportsthe kitchenfree shuttletimeshare exchangeon site restaurantshuttle servicegarage doorbedroom unitwasher and dryerski weekpool tablenice resortcrock pot
Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I , plus my daughter n her husband have had a wonderful week at Grand Timber Lodge ! After reading some of the negative reports I can only say , "Shame on you ! "
We encountered nothing but good things ! Awesome unit , beautifully equipped with everything being extremely clean , even all the cooking utensils n pans ! Now I'm a pretty picky person and I was very impressed ! It even has a crock pot in your kitchen !
Our king size bed was very comfortable , the pull out sofa was also good !
Great to have the barbecue grills to use , being gas it was very easy !
The hot tubs n pools are great , we had so much fun in them ! All very clean n nicely maintained !
It's such an added bonus to have the FREE shuttle bus which runs you in n out of town ! We found we loved to walk down the hill n take a shuttle back !
This resort is quiet n peaceful n we will definitely be returning ! We loved it !

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Margaret R
Chris T, Public Relations Manager at Grand Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Hi Margaret R,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Timber Lodge. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We strive to wonderful vacations for our guests and are delighted to know that you had an amazing experience.

Thank you again for your review and we hope to create some more unforgettable memories for you and your family in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

A bit jaded. Lobby is unimpressive. We were in a studio- the bed was very uncomfortable- sunken mattress-did not sleep the first night. They responded well and changed the mattress-a bit better but still very soft. No nightstand on one side of the bed and limited space to get on to the bed on that side. The studio has no balcony. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful- especially Matt.
My experience at the Grand Victorian Spa was less than grand with respect to customer service- I signed up for a 75 minute facial for $150 at 15% discount (a special I was offered) but although the treatment was great (no complaints on the quality of the facial-it was actually quite good and I have had many a good facial), but it only lasted 60 minutes- worth only $120. The steam room did not work in the ladies area- they offered me the men;s room steam. The place was jaded and dilapidated looking. When I addressed what I felt was not what I had been signed up for-the spa manger, Heidi, was unhelpful to say the least, after I finally got hold of her and she refused to believe me - hey I had my phone on me and knew the time I went in and out of the treatment- why would I complain since I had good quality- it was just not what it was sold as wrt time.
The front desk manager on duty Brad was not able to help me- he and Heidi thought I should be satisfied with being charged at a full price 60 min facial rate- forget the customer service, forget that I signed up for a ":grand" facial for 75 min at 15% discount ! Brad told me to callsomeone else-on vacation waste more time- I don't think so! Really poor customer service but I guess when its such an average place you are at you should not except "grand" treatment even if the spa is called Grand Victoria! Its not the money- they overcharged me about $25 but just the principle of spoiling someone's experience and not honoring what you sell.
Anyway I would not return to this place or recommend it to anyone unless they want an average motel type experience- it does not deserve an interval gold rating. And I have had had 10 years of Interval exchange experience on which I base this statement.

Room Tip: Building 6 and 5 better. we were in 8. The studio is a bad experience. Beds are soft and uncomfortable- beware if you have a bad back
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank R2D2Chicago
Chris T, Public Relations Manager at Grand Timber Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Hi R2D2Chicago,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of Grand Timber Lodge. Upon reading your feedback, I went ahead and spoke with both the General Manager of Grand Timber and the manager of Grand Victorian Day Spa.

After making contact with both employees, I was able to flesh out a few more details which may bring about some additional clarity. From what I gather when you called to book your spa treatment in August, at the time we were offering a 15% off discount for the Grand Victorian Ultimate facial. This special was only valid during the month of August for Thursday's and Friday's. Your appointment was booked for a Monday in September, however we agreed, at your request, to go ahead a honor the 15% off discount.

Vicki, your esthetician, who has been at GVDS for 5 years and never had a complaint about timing, confirmed with me that she did do the full 75 minutes but that she started you early because you arrived early.

We strive to make all guests feel as at home as possible and in times of contention, we look to find a solution which makes the most sense for all parties involved. In that spirit we did offer a further discount, which brought the cost down to our 60 minute facial price. It is unfortunate that we were not able to resolve this situation to your satisfaction.

Thank you once again for your review.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

We traded our 1 bedroom time share, got there and they had us in a studio. Said they were full. Bed was comfy, but room was outdated and cramped. Might have been OK if it was ski season and we were exhausted.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank dhoople

Hi dhoople,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Grand Timber Lodge. We apologize that you were under the impression you would be in a larger size unit. When utilizing timeshare exchange companies, we counsel our owners to thoroughly investigate what they will be receiving in trade.

Additionally, because we simply enter reservations passed on to us from exchange companies, the responsibility in ensuring the accuracy of said information, ultimately lies with the originating source.

Once again thank you for your review and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the mountains!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

We spent a week here (room 6102) on a timeshare trade. Overall, we liked the property and staff, who were friendly and helpful. The pool & hot tubs were great, and the on-site bar/restaurant was good. Lots of activities, and the shuttle to town is a great help, although you can walk into town in 15 minutes. The furniture in the room, especially the couch which wasn't very comfortable, could use some upgrading. We had a first floor room, and we could hear the people upstairs walking around their room. On check-out morning the cleaning staff really rushed us out of our room, starting to clean before we were completely out of the room. We'd come back to this property, but would want a top floor room.

Room Tip: Ask for a top-floor room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Geodyssey

Hi Geodyssey,

We appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your recent stay at Grand Timber Lodge and apologize greatly that you did not entirely enjoy your stay with us. Our company goal is to take personal responsibility to create great vacations, and we are very sorry that you did not experience the wonderful experience that we are accustomed to providing.

We always encourage guests and owners to come to us with comments and complaints, as we truly work to address all concerns. Our ongoing improvements to Grand Timber Lodge should attest to our attention to detail and responding to the feedback we receive.

We hope to see you again in the future and help you enjoy even more of the wonderful sights Breckenridge as to offer!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We booked an Aug. trip here and choose the last week.
The lodge is expansive but not overwhelming. The front desk staff was always friendly and helpful.
The pools two heated and hot tubs all 5 of them were warm and welcoming.
We had a double room, Meaning an apartment with king bedroom (very comfortable bed) bathroom with deep Jacuzzi full kitchen living room and dining area. But at he'd to it is the second room, a queen bed pull out couch kitchenette and bathroom. Being we have teen boys the separation was great.
There's a FREE shuttle into anywhere in town and back. The drivers were a wealth of knowledge.
We loved out stay here and are already talking about a trip back during ski season.

Room Tip: Ay room would be great. But buildings 5 or 6 have a view of both the pool and the ski sloop.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Hi Mary B,

Thank you for taking the time to review Grand Timber Lodge. Our amenities are truly unmatched with indoor/outdoor pools and hot tubs, a playground, a day spa, an exercise room and fitness classes, and a restaurant on property. We are glad you enjoyed taking advantage of these amenities during your stay. The free shuttle is an excellent amenity Grand Timber Lodge offers that allows guests to take advantage of all that Breckenridge has to offer.

Thank you again for taking the time to review Grand Timber Lodge. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay!