A bit jaded. Lobby is unimpressive. We were in a studio- the bed was very uncomfortable- sunken mattress-did not sleep the first night. They responded well and changed the mattress-a bit better but still very soft. No nightstand on one side of the bed and limited space to get on to the bed on that side. The studio has no balcony. Most of the staff were friendly and helpful- especially Matt.
My experience at the Grand Victorian Spa was less than grand with respect to customer service- I signed up for a 75 minute facial for $150 at 15% discount (a special I was offered) but although the treatment was great (no complaints on the quality of the facial-it was actually quite good and I have had many a good facial), but it only lasted 60 minutes- worth only $120. The steam room did not work in the ladies area- they offered me the men;s room steam. The place was jaded and dilapidated looking. When I addressed what I felt was not what I had been signed up for-the spa manger, Heidi, was unhelpful to say the least, after I finally got hold of her and she refused to believe me - hey I had my phone on me and knew the time I went in and out of the treatment- why would I complain since I had good quality- it was just not what it was sold as wrt time.
The front desk manager on duty Brad was not able to help me- he and Heidi thought I should be satisfied with being charged at a full price 60 min facial rate- forget the customer service, forget that I signed up for a ":grand" facial for 75 min at 15% discount ! Brad told me to callsomeone else-on vacation waste more time- I don't think so! Really poor customer service but I guess when its such an average place you are at you should not except "grand" treatment even if the spa is called Grand Victoria! Its not the money- they overcharged me about $25 but just the principle of spoiling someone's experience and not honoring what you sell.
Anyway I would not return to this place or recommend it to anyone unless they want an average motel type experience- it does not deserve an interval gold rating. And I have had had 10 years of Interval exchange experience on which I base this statement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Timber Lodge is a luxury ski-in/out condominium resort offering the largest amenities package in Breckenridge. Our exquisitely appointed luxury condominiums are conveniently located between Peaks 8 and 9 at the world famous Breckenridge Ski Resort. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Breckenridge’s Main Street, indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs, a fitness center, complimentary shuttle bus, pampering spa and salon services, an on-site ski/bike concierge, a bar and restaurant and much more. At Grand Timber Lodge, you’ll find everything you need for a great vacation: A lovely and private wooded setting, excellent amenities, all of the comforts and convenience of home, and a staff eager to make your vacation simply perfect! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Timber Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Timber Hotel Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Lodge Breckenridge Colorado