The room itself feels about like what one should expect at a three star hotel. The decorations and fit and finish are a bit cheesy and lodge/cabin themed. (The ceiling fan is one of the ugliest I have ever seen.) But, the theme is fairly typical for a mountain timeshare.
Breckenridge doesn't have many hotels (e.g., like the Hotel Jerome or Little Nell in Aspen) and certainly doesn't have any modern options of which I am aware. So, I give this a four star rating relative to other options in the area. Don't expect an Intercontinental. Expect something that is more family oriented and less service oriented than a full service hotel. For instance, there is no regular maid service, and you have to call for towels. However, most of the staff were friendly and accommodating.
The hotel has garage parking. It looks like it could be limited, but I arrived on a Thursday night and didn't have too much trouble finding a space (though parking spots were tight due to the large number of SUVs onsite).
The indoor-outdoor pool and two pool-sized hot tubs were great Apres Ski locations. They are adjacent to the hotel bar (very reasonable prices) and are serviced by bar staff.
They did have some less desirable qualities at this timeshare. For instance, they charge 50 cents for coffee in the lobby... and I am not one to carry change, so that is a pain. They also require you to get a parking permit from the concierge, who will ask if you want to look at the sister property's timeshare. Even though it wasn't a hard sale, I don't want to be asked to look at a timeshare. The room was also far too hot, even though we didn't use the heater at all. I had to open the windows and put the ceiling fan on high in order to get the room more comfortable. (It was still warm, even after opening the windows.)
The location is good. The property is within comfortable walking distance to town. You can rent ski equipment onsite, and it is a short walk to the lift. (The location is close to some of the green slopes.) The property also had frequent van service that dropped us off at several locations in town, and you may also call for a pick up. The van drivers were all very entertaining and friendly.
I would certainly stay here again, and I would recommend it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Timber Lodge is a luxury ski-in/out condominium resort offering the largest amenities package in Breckenridge. Our exquisitely appointed luxury condominiums are conveniently located between Peaks 8 and 9 at the world famous Breckenridge Ski Resort. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Breckenridge’s Main Street, indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs, a fitness center, complimentary shuttle bus, pampering spa and salon services, an on-site ski/bike concierge, a bar and restaurant and much more. At Grand Timber Lodge, you’ll find everything you need for a great vacation: A lovely and private wooded setting, excellent amenities, all of the comforts and convenience of home, and a staff eager to make your vacation simply perfect! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Timber Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Timber Hotel Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Lodge Breckenridge Colorado