This timeshare resort offers rentals as well, in well appointed, comfortable accommodation that is very well located for mixed-ability ski groups/families as well as for couples who want to be able to walk to the shops and restaurants. It's not true ski-in ski-out (the "out" part involves 20 yards or so of sidewalk) but who cares when there are multiple free shuttle buses at the resort that will take you or fetch you from anywhere in town in minutes?
Close enough to stroll downhill to Main Street in a few minutes, and near to the base of Beaver Run and Snowflake, so you can get around between the peaks easily using this as your base. On site facilities are good - the Lodgepole Restaurant is not the stuff of Michelin stars but they do offer good variety and will happily cope with special dietary needs (e.g. gluten free). Plenty of sun loungers, a great on-site spa for pampering treatments, and programmed activities for families and kids.
Units are well enough equipped if you want to self-cater and have plenty of storage space and comfortable seating.
We've been coming here since the late 1990s and have been impressed with how responsive the management is to suggestions, and how good they are at updating/maintenance. The decor is a little folksy/faux backwoods for our tastes, but then we are European and we don't expect the rest of the world to "get" IKEA. Meanwhile, a moose-shaped coat rack is delightful, so long as there's a comfy bed and a well equipped bathroom.
All round a safe bet for a week and you will quickly feel at home here. Staff are pleasant and courteous and if you need anything fixing (we broke our toilet cistern) they are there within minutes. Terrific service, always clean, great housekeeping.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Timber Lodge is a luxury ski-in/out condominium resort offering the largest amenities package in Breckenridge. Our exquisitely appointed luxury condominiums are conveniently located between Peaks 8 and 9 at the world famous Breckenridge Ski Resort. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Breckenridge’s Main Street, indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs, a fitness center, complimentary shuttle bus, pampering spa and salon services, an on-site ski/bike concierge, a bar and restaurant and much more. At Grand Timber Lodge, you’ll find everything you need for a great vacation: A lovely and private wooded setting, excellent amenities, all of the comforts and convenience of home, and a staff eager to make your vacation simply perfect! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Grand Timber Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Timber Hotel Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Lodge Breckenridge Colorado