My wife & I stayed in a 2 BR unit. We were given a unit over looking the two pools. We should have known this was a mistake but we took it assumming few if any would be in the pool given the 44 degree temps. Wrong!
The noise emanating from the pool by both the people.. who think it is OK to yell and scream the entire time.. as well as the loud music played by the resort made the stay unpleasant. During slow time.. October... few employees with any kind of authority were to be found. When we asked about noise.. they said... "wel, we follow Breck's noise rules and that means 10 PM". 10 PM and yes.. loud music and people screaming. If you are looking for quiet, go elsewhere.
Towel exchange is Wednesday. Towels aree to be placed on the floor inside the door. Do they tell you they do not get around to ir until 2 or 4 PM? No.
The restaurant onsite is OK but.. closed on Wednesdays.. slow time.
Check in was painful as well... as it is with most time shares. You would check in at the front desk and then see Concierge for your 'Parking Pass'.. and the usual harassment for selling you trips, activities and mostly.. to sign you up for a tour. Melody kept saying that we receive free $25 but 'free' means you spend time with very aggressive sales people for a couple hours. We passed and were told 'No one has ever passed before'. Really?
The flat screens are 32 inch.. OK I guess but Marriott give you 42 inches. Carpets are worn, furniture is old but in their defense they get a beating from the ski and snow board crowd. Parking is an issue, even with a pass. The building is much larger than the available spaces so plan on searching for a place. This issue may not eb the same in other buildings so.. avoid building 5.
All the appliances are cheap.. again typical of Breck time shares and the whirlpool tub needed to be caulked. The beds are sagging and provide little support.
The stay was OK but, then goodness the resort was mostly empty as the noise level would most likely be unbearable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Timber Lodge is a luxury ski-in/out condominium resort offering the largest amenities package in Breckenridge. Our exquisitely appointed luxury condominiums are conveniently located between Peaks 8 and 9 at the world famous Breckenridge Ski Resort. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Breckenridge’s Main Street, indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs, a fitness center, complimentary shuttle bus, pampering spa and salon services, an on-site ski/bike concierge, a bar and restaurant and much more. At Grand Timber Lodge, you’ll find everything you need for a great vacation: A lovely and private wooded setting, excellent amenities, all of the comforts and convenience of home, and a staff eager to make your vacation simply perfect! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Timber Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Timber Hotel Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Lodge Breckenridge Colorado