Our recent stay in a studio room at GTL was better than we expected. We purchased the stay through Interval International as a getaway for a great price. Check in was fast and efficient. This is a timeshare resort. At the end of check in they offered us a tour of their newest resort but it was very low pressure. They never approached us again about the tour. Our studio room was located in the main building across the hall from the rec room. We had a large picture window and a patio door window but you couldn't exit the door. It made the room bright but a little less private due to staff working at the pool or people visiting the pool. It really didn't bother us but the resort wasn't crowded. The room was very clean and the kitchenette was well equipped. It was perfect for us to make breakfast and lunch in the room. The bathroom was spotless and while small it was adequate for a couple. The one thing that I think would help is a mirror in the hall/ entry area so you could put on make up. The bathroom isn't big enough for two people to comfortably use so it would allow someone to finish up in the entry area if a mirror was available. The bed was comfortable. There is only one bedside table which is one small drawback. There is a restaurant at the resort but we didn't eat there. We walked into it once and there was no one in it. It looked like a good place to get a meal after skiingi. The pools and hot tubs looked nice. They provide large towels in the room to use at the pool. The rec room has a big screen tv, pool table and has a porch with chairs. The resort has no air conditioning but I'm assuming this is pretty standard. Our room had lots of late afternoon sun so it was generally hot in the room. There was a ceiling fan over the bed and a box fan was also available. We opened windows, ran the ceiling fan and turned the heat off but it tended to be warmer than we would like it. It was fairly cool weather so I'm sure it would be much hotter in this room in the summer. The resort is just a short walk or drive from the town of breckenridge. We used the shuttle over the weekend but honestly most of the time it was quicker to walk. Parking in town might be a problem during peak visiting times but we had no problems as it was a slower season. We really enjoyed our stay here and would definitively return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Timber Lodge is a luxury ski-in/out condominium resort offering the largest amenities package in Breckenridge. Our exquisitely appointed luxury condominiums are conveniently located between Peaks 8 and 9 at the world famous Breckenridge Ski Resort. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Breckenridge’s Main Street, indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs, a fitness center, complimentary shuttle bus, pampering spa and salon services, an on-site ski/bike concierge, a bar and restaurant and much more. At Grand Timber Lodge, you’ll find everything you need for a great vacation: A lovely and private wooded setting, excellent amenities, all of the comforts and convenience of home, and a staff eager to make your vacation simply perfect! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Timber Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Timber Hotel Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Lodge Breckenridge Colorado