This is a great place to stay for skiing at Breckenridge. Keep in mind you are paying for convenience and proximity to the slopes.
Parking - Parking is very difficult anywhere in Breckenridge and extremely limited everywhere near town. It is much harder to park now than it was a few years ago even. GTL provides heated underground parking for a car during your stay.
Ski in/Ski Out - Early season ski in is a challenge but I don't think that should be surprising to anyone. This year has been short on snow so far. Worst case scenario you can ski down wherever you'd like and call the shuttle. Ski out is relatively easily and there is a nice long lift that takes you up to a short ski down to some of the main lifts and the ticket office. We did ski in and out and had to trek across a couple rocky patches.
Rooms vary quite a bit based on the size you choose to get but even studios even have a kitchenette area and all of the larger rooms have full kitchens. I believe all rooms have a fold out sofa.
The rooms are consistently clean and relatively spacious. The beds are comfortable and the fold outs are about as comfortable as a fold out can be. There are lockers for ski storage near the ski in/ski out areas.
The hot tubs and pools are very nice and I've never had trouble with noise or crowds. We typically use the non main area that is not near the bar and maybe that is why we've never had trouble. But we stay there about 3-4 times a season and have never noticed issues.
The restaurant/bar is average and prices are in line with anything else you would find in Breckenridge. There are better dining options if you want to go into town, but after a day of skiing it can be the perfect retreat. Take your time and relax, service could take a while, but the last time I was there (12/1/11) the service was (surprisingly) top notch.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Grand Timber Lodge is a luxury ski-in/out condominium resort offering the largest amenities package in Breckenridge. Our exquisitely appointed luxury condominiums are conveniently located between Peaks 8 and 9 at the world famous Breckenridge Ski Resort. You will also enjoy our close proximity to Breckenridge’s Main Street, indoor/outdoor swimming pools and hot tubs, a fitness center, complimentary shuttle bus, pampering spa and salon services, an on-site ski/bike concierge, a bar and restaurant and much more. At Grand Timber Lodge, you’ll find everything you need for a great vacation: A lovely and private wooded setting, excellent amenities, all of the comforts and convenience of home, and a staff eager to make your vacation simply perfect! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia and Travelocity so you can book your Grand Timber Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Timber Hotel Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Breckenridge
- Grand Timber Lodge Breckenridge Colorado