“Great Location”
Review of The Village Hotel

The Village Hotel
Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Just returned from Breck with my son and another mom and her son. We stayed at the Village Hotel which could not be in a more perfect location. The front desk staff, concierge, and free shuttle were great! The location to the Peak 9 lift was perfect. One problem is room and bathroom size, My friend and her son were in an interior room. It was barely big enough for all of the suit cases and ski gear. My son and I were in a larger room on the street side of the hotel. The room size was great, but the street noise was horrible. The snow plows sounded like they were outside our room for an hour scraping and peeping from 1-2 am. Also, you could here people in the streets all hours of the night.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our tripadvisor page. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize that the street noise kept you up over night. The locations of the rooms definitely have some differences in sizes too as you mentioned. If you return to the property we truly do our best at the front desk to get you into a room that meets any requests. Simply have the reservations' agent put those notes into your reservation and we will do our best to get you into a room that meets your needs.

We are grateful that you chose to stay at the Village for your vacation and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed January 18, 2013

I ended up with a great deal to stay here with my wife through living social for around $80 a night. I'd be on the property before and it had changed slightly. The only hot tubs are in the mail lodging area which was across the driveway from where we stayed. This made it slightly annoying to walk back and forth in the cold (especially after being in the tub). However, access to the lifts is almost unbeatable and the easy walk on Main Street for dinner and drinks is convenient.

Room Tip: Stay in the main lodging area if able
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking a moment to write a review on our trip advisor page! We truly appreciate it. We are glad to see you enjoyed your stay with us! I did want to mention, and I apologize if we did not mention it at check in but, we do have 3 indoor hot tubs located on the first floor in the Village Hotel building. The outdoor hot tubs are located in the main building up one floor from our front desk. However, there is a way to walk through the parking garages to get to the outdoor hot tubs instead of going outside. I apologize that we did not inform you of those options and will certainly address it with our front office staff for our future guests'.

We hope you choose to stay at the Village at Breckenridge in the future!

Reviewed January 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I booked a two night stay through livingsocial and couldn't have been more pleased. The rooms were spacious and clean. Bathroom was a bit small but it was ok. This hotel is close to Peak 9 and main street so everything we wanted to do was super close and within five minutes walking distance. Definitely plan on visiting again!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page! We really appreciate the feedback and are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us! Hope to see you again in the future! Think Snow!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

I'm somewhat disappointed by the quality of the hotel for the money we spent. I understand spending extra money when you stay for a holiday but come on, the room a bit dumpy with not even a queen bed, it was a double. The bathroom was very basic as well. But I have to say, the staff who work at the hotel made up for the room. The staff are genuinely nice, helpful, cheerful people who work very hard to help you with whatever you need. I was highly impressed with the quality of the staff.
If you are interested in being close to the slopes and not spending a lot of time in your room, this is a decent choice; it's very close to downtown Breck and a 5 minute walk to the Quicksilver Lift.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page! We are glad you decided to stay at the Village Hotel for your trip to Breckenridge! Thank you for your kind words about our staff. We truly aim to go above and beyond in providing exceptional service for all of our guests. We also appreciate your feedback in regards to our guest rooms'. We certainly consider all of these comments and hope we can improve our accommodations to your standards here in the future!

Reviewed December 28, 2012

When I'm on a ski vacation, time is money. The less time I spend doing stuff I don't want to do (riding buses, parking, walking to lifts, walking to bus stops, dealing with hotel issues, etc.,) the better I feel about my trip. The Village Hotel helps maximize your "fun time" in Breck.

The rooms aren't super-posh, but they are clean and comfortable. We had a king bed, and I was impressed with how comfortable it was. We begged for a good view, and we got one. The toilet and shower are attached to the room, with the sink outside of the "toilet room" and in the main room. That's not uncommon in a hotel, but the size of the toilet/shower room was tiny. It was so small the door had to be shut before you sat on the toilet. No biggie, but good to know. Also, I think housekeeping only does about 75% of what they do at other hotels. Our room was not vacuumed, and, strangely, they tipped themselves by taking a can of our unopened mixed nuts. I thought that was weird.

The front staff were extremely helpful and courteous. Obviously, they hire and train well (which is getting hard to find these days).

There is a $20 daily resort fee tacked on. This includes wifi, parking (covered), fitness center and hot tubs. The rooms have refrigerators, but no microwave. An outlet splitter would be a good thing to bring. This place was built before people travelled with 93 things that need to be plugged-in.

Everything worth doing is within walking distance. The location cannot be beat.

Reading the reviews, and looking at the pics, I was a bit hesitant about staying here. I consider myself well travelled, and I had no regrets.

If you like powder, ask about the First Tracks pass. Also, buying lift tickets and renting skis when confirming with Breck properties can save a lot of money.

Cheers, and pray for snow!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review on our trip advisor page! We appreciate all the details you added about our location and property and staff! Everything you mentioned is true and we really appreciate your candid account of your stay with us. We hope to see you again at the Village Hotel in the future!

Ginny Petrovek

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This hotel was clean and in perfect location to downtown Breckenridge. We had an unexpected problem with our room keys and unfortunately got locked out of our room! Jonathan at the front desk was wonderful as was Leann the next morning. They resolved the issue in a professional/understanding manner. I would highlight recommend this hotel. I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our trip advisor page.I am sorry to hear about the issues you had with your key cards during your stay with us. We certainly take that issue seriously and are taking care of that issue for our future guests. I am happy to know that our night audit, Jonathan, and front desk manager, Leanne, provided you with exceptional service to resolve the problem. We hope you stay with us again during your next visit to Breckenridge!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I have visited Breckenridge many times, but always stayed at the well-appointed Breckenridge Mountain Lodge. This time I thought I would treat myself to a ski-in/ski-out accommodation. After carefully considering Mountain Thunder Lodge, and One Ski Hill Place, I knew that the Village Hotel was clearly the best choice. The location cannot be beat. New resorts are great, but being able to walk to everything carries a certain charm.

Upon arrival, I walked into the main lobby and was speechless. It truly is breathtaking. The décor is just outstanding. My room wasn’t ready when I arrived, so sat in the comfy chairs facing the front desk and waited for it to get done. It was there I met one of the nicest employees I have ever encountered at a Front Desk. Her name was Leanne Belair. She took great care of me throughout my entire stay. I explained that I was hoping to see some wildlife while in the area, and she hinted that I might be able to see some from my room. I didn’t know what that meant, until I opened the door to my unit. And then I saw a beautiful photo of some wildlife right over the couch. It was so real that you thought it might start walking around.

One thing to note. Finding your room is difficult. The property should really try to have some wayfinding signs installed to assist people getting around. I’m kind of surprised that they didn’t have any up before ski season.

Later that day, I went down to talk to the concierge to get dinner recommendations. And I actually recognized him from years ago while visiting Jackson Lake Lodge, a resort in the Grand Teton National Park. His name is Charlie. I’m not very good with names, but after meeting this man you will never forget him. When it is time for Charlie to leave this good earth, The Village Hotel should stuff him and place him in the lobby for all to see. His enthusiasm for life is unmatched. He is literally the nicest person I have ever met.

Charlie recommended the Park Avenue Pub as a great place to watch some football. The ambiance there is perfect. Whoever designed it really knew what they were doing. It’s a casual bar/restaurant with rustic accents. While having breakfast there one morning, I met the General Manager, Lindsay Watson. I mentioned how great my experience and she took an genuine interest. I could have visited with her all day, but she had to step away for a meeting.

After skiing for 3 days, it was unfortunately time to return home. At check-out, I mentioned how amazing everything was, and asked the young lady at the Front Desk for the photographer’s contact information (the one who did the artwork inside the rooms). It broke my heart when she said she didn’t have it.

Shortly after returning home, I received a large package in the mail. And sure enough, it was the beautiful photo from my room. Ginny Petrovek, the Director of Rooms, was thoughtful enough to find out where I lived and have it mailed to my home.

It’s that kind of experience that makes me know Breckenridge will always hold a special place in my heart. I can honestly say that I can’t wait to return, and will NEVER forget my time at the Village.

Room Tip: Don't forget to meet Charlie the concierge!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank BHSLT4LIFE
Virginia P, Front Office Manager at The Village Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 23, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write this thoughtful review on our page. It is great to hear that the members of our staff you interacted with took care of you! Each one of them truly lit up when they read this review. I did want to address your one comment on the signage, or lack there of, here for the hotel property. Just this Wednesday, the first round of signage installs started for the hotel. We recognized this need and are addressing it! By your next visit, all the signs should be up and will certainly help with your experience at the property.

Thank you again for taking the time to write this review on our page. We hope to see you again at the Village in the future! Never forget us!

Warm regards,