“Average at best”
Review of The Wayside Inn

The Wayside Inn
Reviewed March 2, 2014

I just traveled there in February and the wayside inn was by far the cheapest motel I could find online in breckenridge. (You get what you pay for)but I gotta say the free breakfast was very helpful it was basically continental breakfast with biscuit and gravy. When I made my reservation I told patty that there were 3 of us and she offered us a air mattress for ten dollars a day, but she said most of her air beds had holes in them but she would get us a new one. That statement was a lie. The air bed we got flattened out the first night and we we're basically screwed . The maid service never cleaned our room they just made the bed and changed the towels . The shower in our room was a trickle not a shower. It was ok but I don't think I would stay there again.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 19, 2014

this place is cute and friendly. The owners operate this motel and provide a clean atmosphere and a great breakfast. Fire in the lobby and puppy to greet you are a nice welcome to the motel. Motel is close to Breckenridge ski resort and town. Keystone and A Basin are also very close for skiers.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Kim G
Reviewed February 11, 2014

We love staying at the Wayside Inn. They offer a 10% return guest discount which makes it an incredible value. Just a few miles to the base of Breckenridge, you're way closer than you would be staying in Frisco, Dillon or Silverthorne. The rooms are tastefully decorated and all have flat screen TVs. The complementary breakfast is great. The owners of the hotel take great pride in their hotel and really care about the comfort of their guests. We will definitely continue to book at Wayside.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zach C
Reviewed February 6, 2014

This was not the nicest hotel I've ever stayed at, but it was exactly what I was expecting and made for a great weekend in Breck. The price was excellent, the beds were surprisingly extremely comfortable, and the staff was very friendly (always a good start when a cute dog greets you at check-in). The biggest downside in my opinion is the location, because it is not easy walking distance to downtown.. but my boyfriend and I chose Wayside for the price over the location, and I think it was worth it. Even though it is not easy walking distance, it is really close to town and a very quick drive. The room was a good size, comfy bed and pillows, good TV, small bathroom but has what you need, pretty clean, and had a cozy feel. We would definitely stay here again for the price and comfy sleep!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lovetotravel1530
Reviewed February 5, 2014

The owners were very nice and friendly on the phone and in person, but the room definitely left something to be desired. I felt we paid too much for the room in its condition, but we had dogs with us and couldn't find a hotel in town that would allow pets. On the brightside the sheets and blankets smelled delightful... I was to know what detergent they use :)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Upon entry of our room, we were greeted with the smell of cleaner. We tried to air out as much as possible but it was hard since it was 15 degrees outside. The trim around the room and bathroom was covered in hair and dust. The wooden bed frame had mold growing on it. Our heat went out in the middle of the night. We woke up to a 45 degree room at 6am. My husband went to get help with the heater. The guy working said the pilots go out all the time and that we should have called. How were we supposed to call while sleeping? When my husband asked if they would give us a discount since our heat went out the employee was extremely rude and said he would ask the owner. We checked out, asked about the discount and he said he still didnt know. We called again later, after arguing with the lady at the front desk she told my husband we would get half our money back. We called back the next day to check on it and they said they changed their mind. My husband asked for the owner's contact info and they said "He has more money then God and could care less about you." We eventually disputed it with the credit card company who had no problem refunding half. Everything about the stay was terrible. The rooms were dirty then a college dorm room lived in by pigs.

Room Tip: The heater in room #3 stopped working the middle of the night. The employee said the heaters break o...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GNZIG
Reviewed January 12, 2014

I called before attempting to make a reservation. The owner answered the phone (I know he was the owner because after a very rude manner of answering my questions, I asked, are you the manager, or the owner perhaps? To which he replied, yes I am the owner). I had some basic questions about their hot tub and pricing and was surprised to find that instead of being accommodating, like "we would like for you to book with us! It is our mission to serve! We aim to please!", instead I got "I could care less, I couldn't answer that question correctly in a hundred different ways, your business means nothing to me..". I had spoken with 3 other hotels in the area before his and was enjoying the friendly banter from other hotels who wanted to please, so I was a little taken aback by his attitude. I confronted him with this after he answered 1 of my questions, about pricing. He had misunderstood my question and went on to tell me his answer in a rude and off putting manner. I attempted to just let him know that he was not being very kind to which he replied "well I've been doing this for a hundred years" and such and such (I don't remember the rest) but then he abruptly hung up on me. I called him back to let him know that I will be leaving a review online for the Wayside Inn informing potential customers that the owner of The Wayside Inn hung up on me while I was asking basic questions. He replied "Leave all the reviews that you want!". Challenge accepted. I would also like to state that I never raised my voice to this man, nor attempted to be off putting. I believe this is just this man's nature. Shame on you "owner of the Wayside Inn". I hope your wife sees the many reviews I am going to leave for you around the web and gives you a stern scolding. Anyway, if you are looking for something cheap and close to Breck resort that others have seemed to enjoy in the past, this might be the place. I may never know. If you can see past the fact that the owner could care less about your business, check it out and let me know. Maybe I'll stay there someday.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank UtahMike2014
Also consider these accommodations in or near Breckenridge
The Village Hotel
#47 of 69 in Breckenridge
Tyra Lookout Condominiums
Tyra Lookout Condominiums
#45 of 69 in Breckenridge

Been to The Wayside Inn? Share your experiences!