“Enjoyed my solo spa experience.”
Review of Mountain Sanctuary Day Spa - CLOSED

Mountain Sanctuary Day Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Our dedicated staff is here to meet your needs in specialty massages; fabulous facials; delectable body wraps; natural nail care and so much more. We can easily accommodate special requests and larger groups as we have multiple treatment rooms and a spacious lounge.
Mankato, Minnesota
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Enjoyed my solo spa experience.”
Reviewed August 25, 2012

This place was very easy to find as it's right off of main street. I wish I could remember the name of the young blond lady who took care of me that day but she really delivered. Right off the bat, she invited me right in, gave me some tea, and had me get settled in while she finished prepping my room. Moments later, she had me in and began working on my facial. What an experience! She spoke very little and only asked questions about how I was doing or informing me of what she was to do next. I've had situations where the tech talked the whole time when I was trying to relax so this was definitely a plus. The music and overall atmosphere puts you very at ease. I nearly fell asleep! After my facial, I had both the manicure and pedicure done, also performed by the young blond. She fixed me up some hot cocoa and gave me a magazine to read while she worked. This time, she was a little more talkative and still very friendly. She really made my solo experience a joy and I hope she still works there the next time I go back. And for all that I had done, I don't think I paid enough, so I tipped her very well. I would really recommend this place to anyone and hopefully you will have a superb experience like I did!

Visited December 2011

Austin, Texas
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“Amazing facials!”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My 15 year old daughter and I had great facials here. Friendly staff. Very relaxing. I would return here in a second!

Visited August 2012
Ames, Iowa
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pedicures”
Reviewed July 29, 2012

I believe GiGi was our pedicurist. She did a great job. My daughter and I got pedicures that took about 1 1/2 hours with a view of the mountains.

Visited July 2012
Friend, Nebraska
“Spa Gift”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We enjoyed the spa. The staff was friendly and made us very comfortable.

Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ask for Kate!”
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Hands down, (no pun intended), Best Massage and Facial, EVER! Worth every penny, and price would be double here in Chicago! You'll have plenty of money to leave a generous and well deserved tip! The owner, Kim, was fabulous and a very generous woman. She's created a wonderfully serene atmosphere. Kate, the massage therapist, was delightful and well trained! AND she gave me the full hour I paid for! (I've had other massages that last only 45 mins, to give you 'prep' time.) The moment I walked into her room my treatment began with aromatherapy...her room smelled heavenly! Not heavy at all, very welcoming. The lights were dimmed already, which is great, and relaxing music played. I've had several massages & other treatments from Kate, at different spas, I'm kind of a groupy. Kate's techniques are consistent & versatile. It's based on what ever I need, at the time. Plus she's always 'present' in the room with me. I've had massages where you can feel the person is somewhere else in their head. Her attention is on you! Kim & Kate have totally spoiled me when it comes to a fantastic spa experience. I have yet to find one that measures up to their standards!

Visited May 2012