The resort is a new build condo complex with a front desk hotel resale operation through Rock Resorts, which is subsidiary of Vail Resorts. The location is superb. Excellent on slope location with a 20 second walk to the snow at the base of 8.
The reservations through Vail Resorts need some work as our package was agreed as a prepaid rate to include all the daily resort fees, taxes, supplements etc, but on arrival they were all listed as outstanding on our account. It was corrected but took time. Also a lift ticket was included as part of the deal, which was somehow separated into 2 lift tickets starting on random days. That was again sorted out after 2 hours with the lift ticket people, (who were very apologetic and very helpful) starting on the day after arrival and running for 9 consecutive days.
The bar/restaurant is comedic in its operation. Only 1 person seemed to know how to operate the till, find a drink bottle, remember more than 1 drink order at a time. We attended for a coffee and snack following arrival and noted there were people complaining they had been there for 2 hours and had received no food. Our order was 2 soups which took 25 minutes to prepare. Both were just microwaved complete with microwave splatter all around the bowl. Servers generally either intellectually challenged or incompetent. Had to negotiate with server to convince them they did indeed serve Tanqueray 10, it would be the gin in the green bottle right behind you. Still took 3 attempts. Skip the restaurant. There is better food at 7s next door or head into town on the free shuttle which is excellent.
Rooms are suffering from lots of snagging issues as the maintenance team informed us. Many of the ovens' doors do not close meaning the oven will then not operate. Online google "Bosch oven door" and it would appear a very common problem that requires hinge replacement. We received a credit for a non functional oven (but could make it operate with a weighted chair pushed against the door to keep it closed).
Dishwasher had various wheels missing from the drawers which meant they would not open and close on the runners, and when closed, would drop down so the bottom spinning wash arm could not rotate. No rinse aid provided and someone had filled the rinse aid compartment with wash powder. Broken glass in the filter of the dishwasher. Various clips missing from the stands inside the dishwasher so items could not be stacked. Maintenance apparently attended the dishwasher but nothing done.
Washing machine program select controller knob was broken. Lamps in room still had tickets on them on the inside from the store they were obtained from. No replacement of soap, shampoo or toilet paper without specifically asking.
Turn down service erratic - sometimes occurred, sometimes not, sometimes with chocolates sometimes not. Bit odd and personally I have no requirement for a turn down, but if it's being offered, do it consistently to the same standard.
Ski lockers would not lock properly, hooks inside and wooden pegs had been broken / fell out.
Same day laundry "disappeared" and was lost (status currently still unknown).
"Mountain View" rooms can be noisy due to groomers right outside, but that was no issue for us.
Internet was adequate, but not particularly high speed on either wired or wireless.
However, for a ski hotel, on the slopes, it's a great place, but for the price commanded, it's not a 4 Seasons esque hotel, so don’t expect it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the base of Peak 8, these luxury ski-in/ski-out condominiums are just steps from 5 lifts including the BreckConnect Gondola, which easily transports you to Peak 7 and into the charming town of Breckenridge. One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort, is a full service luxury lodge that offers 24 hour front desk services and onsite daily housekeeping, nightly turn down services, maintenance, bell, valet, seasonal ski valet, concierge, spa, and a seasonal bar and lounge. Where Luxury and Location Meet an ideal location in a perfect destination...One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort, has an unrivaled location allowing you to experience the best of Breckenridge. You can walk out the door and access the lifts, a lively plaza and a whole mountain of adventure. Whatever you desire in a Colorado vacation, One Ski Hill Place in Breckenridge, Colorado has what you're looking for. With some of the best skiing in the western hemisphere, this historic gold mining town will put the "O!" In Colorado.Choose from any of the 76 restaurants and bars and take it easy after a perfect day on the slopes. From snowshoeing, to sledding, to ice skating, and even sleigh rides, Breckenridge has it all for any winter sports enthusiast.Relax with a massage treatment in the Rejuvenation Center and bask in the luxurious accommodations at One Ski Hill Place. No guest goes unnoticed! Each is treated with authentic world-class hospitality. Travel magazines everywhere agree: One Ski Hill Place in Breckenridge is where the memories of a lifetime are made. Visit Breckenridge's museum and Welcome Center and find yourself charmed as you travel back into the Old West.The greatest trial of any vacation at One Ski Hill Place is finding adequate time to fit in all the fun and excitement! Even in the summer, you'll find endless opportunities to explore and play in Breckenridge. Take a hot air balloon ride and you'll see people whitewater rafting, biking, hiking, fly fishing and rock climbing.From horseback riding to shopping in over 200 stores, you'll swear you found gold at One Ski Hill Place. Choose your luxury accommodations today at oneskihill.Cm and make your dream vacation a reality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Ski Hill Place, a Rockresort
- One Ski Hill Place, a Rock Hotel Breckenridge