We just got back from an awesome family vacation at One Skill Hill. The location, staff and amenities were awesome. We were traveling with our just shy of four year old daughter and this was her first ski/snow adventure.
I would have given this resort 5 stars, but felt the housekeeping was inconsistent with the price point of the lodge, which I will detail below.
Location: We felt that the location was great. It was right at the base of peak 8 with many lifts right outside the door. Ski school was right there, the nursery and ski rentals. It is about a 10 minute into town base. The shuttle was convenient and we used it even though we did have a car. The heated garage is a nice touch.
The Lodge: Fantastic! Warm and fuzzy! Many nice touches, double sided fireplace, baby grand piano, coffee and tea set up in the morning. The front desk and bell hop staff were always accommodating and very professional.
Nate and Brock in the ski valet great! Nate always went out of his way to take care of us. He also learned our names and habits early on and was a nice added bonus....very accommodating.
Our condo: we booked a one bedroom with 2 bathrooms overlooking Keystone. It was fine and quiet. Other reviews mention being slope side and being loud because of the snowmaking/grooming, etc and others like being slopeside because they can see the slopes... Not an issue for us. Being mountains side was just fine. Our unit was 8314, perfect for us and our daughter. There was a Murphy bed as well as a pull out couch. The space was completely adequate. The two full bathrooms, one with a soaking tub were great. Double vanities in the master, single vanity in the other bathroom, a nice lay out. Washer and dryer were very convenient. They supply Tide, nice. The kitchen was completely stocked with Bosch appliances, Cuisinart cookware and appliances, and double sink. There is plenty of cookware and Pyrex bakeware to have many meals at home. We ate home almost all days. We called for take out Mexican one night and they were too busy to deliver. Okay, we ordered room service. We ordered room service from the children's menu for all of us! And it was fine and inexpensive! The kitchen was stocked with dish detergent, dish washing detergent, paper towels, and new sponge. Starbucks coffee packets, teas, sugars and creamers were also stocked.
The bathrooms were stocked with all toiletries. They also supply bottled water, which is nice. The water coming out of the tap is heavily chlorinated, so the bottled is a nice touch. Robes and slippers are provided. The robe came in handy for the pools. Leave your coverup at home.
Which brings me to the daily maid service. We both felt that the housekeeping was inconsistent. Yes, they did a good job cleaning the unit, but restocking was inconsistent. It is not a deal breaker, but believe that it should be noted since you are spending several hundred if not thousands a night for the place. I had to call almost every day for coffee packets, water, detergent and cotton packs and q tips. If you take away 8 empty bottles, wouldn't you replace them with 8 bottles? All of the regular packets of coffee are gone, where are the new ones?
Pools: One for swimming, one for the little ones to wade in and two nice sized hot tubs. Plenty of towels. The hot tubs were at a great temp, but felt the other pools were chilly.
We never used the fitness center, but looked adequate. I took advantage of a 80 minute hot stone. It was good, I have had better and for 210 with tip, felt that the spa area was noisy. The spa rooms border a hallway for the condos, so you can hear people chatting in the hallway.
Ski school: What a fantastic experience for me and my daughter. I booked 3 days of an ultimate 4 package for me and my daughter. We both ended up with private lessons for all 3 days! The ski school is right outside the back of the property. You check in and your child is whisked away by one of the wonderful staff. She loved it time outside and time inside, lunch with her teacher. Win win for everyone! My experience was fantastic. My teacher was a seasoned pro with a lot of patience. By the end of day 3, I was going down the greens at peak nine quite confidently. My teacher also told me that he has never had a full ultimate 4, usually around 2....definitely worth the extra money.
Overall, a great ski vacation! Be sure to check out Alpine Adventures for dog sledding!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated at the base of Peak 8, these luxury ski-in/ski-out condominiums are just steps from 5 lifts including the BreckConnect Gondola, which easily transports you to Peak 7 and into the charming town of Breckenridge. One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort, is a full service luxury lodge that offers 24 hour front desk services and onsite daily housekeeping, nightly turn down services, maintenance, bell, valet, seasonal ski valet, concierge, spa, and a seasonal bar and lounge. Where Luxury and Location Meet an ideal location in a perfect destination...One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort, has an unrivaled location allowing you to experience the best of Breckenridge. You can walk out the door and access the lifts, a lively plaza and a whole mountain of adventure. Whatever you desire in a Colorado vacation, One Ski Hill Place in Breckenridge, Colorado has what you're looking for. With some of the best skiing in the western hemisphere, this historic gold mining town will put the "O!" In Colorado.Choose from any of the 76 restaurants and bars and take it easy after a perfect day on the slopes. From snowshoeing, to sledding, to ice skating, and even sleigh rides, Breckenridge has it all for any winter sports enthusiast.Relax with a massage treatment in the Rejuvenation Center and bask in the luxurious accommodations at One Ski Hill Place. No guest goes unnoticed! Each is treated with authentic world-class hospitality. Travel magazines everywhere agree: One Ski Hill Place in Breckenridge is where the memories of a lifetime are made. Visit Breckenridge's museum and Welcome Center and find yourself charmed as you travel back into the Old West.The greatest trial of any vacation at One Ski Hill Place is finding adequate time to fit in all the fun and excitement! Even in the summer, you'll find endless opportunities to explore and play in Breckenridge. Take a hot air balloon ride and you'll see people whitewater rafting, biking, hiking, fly fishing and rock climbing.From horseback riding to shopping in over 200 stores, you'll swear you found gold at One Ski Hill Place. Choose your luxury accommodations today at oneskihill.Cm and make your dream vacation a reality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your One Ski Hill Place, A RockResort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- 1 Ski Hill Place, a Rockresort
- One Ski Hill Place, a Rock Hotel Breckenridge