“Above and beyond”

Colorado Hot Air Balloon Rides
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer our Mountain Hot Air Balloon Flights in the South Park Valley located high in the central mountains in the exact center of Colorado. Located between Hartsel and Wilkerson Pass and perched above 9,000 feet this unique historical area offers the ultimate topography for hot air ballooning with a mixture of vast rolling hills, 360 degree mountain views and native wildlife. We provide complimentary transportation for those passengers staying in Summit County and the Vail Valley. These passengers will meet us at our central meeting place in Breckenridge where we will provide transportation from there to and from the launch site.
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I have been very fortunate to have been able to go ballooning three times. This has been the most amazing experience of all of them. Greg and his crew go out of their way to make you feel welcome from the time you meet and begin you adventure through the gorgeous mountains to the launch site. Upon arrival, we were greeted with the smell of fresh bacon, eggs, and hash browns cooking on the outside grills. The tables were set with tablecloths, dishes, silverware, and flower arrangements. Our flight was changed to after breakfast rather than before. (Mother Nature and the winds determine your actual flight time) Then it was fly time! Greg, the owner of the company was our pilot and explained the mountain ranges and information about the balloons. We had a perfect landing and back to the launch sight for the champagne toast and Ballooner's Prayer. What I guess I am trying to say is that this was an amazing experience, and although it was my third time up in a balloon, THIS was the most enjoyable, complete experience of all. The others - less than what I expected - this one far, far more than I ever imagined! Thank you Eric, Justin, Steve (your entertainment was awesome), and especially Greg for having the vision to give people an experience of a lifetime. YOU ALL ROCK!

1  Thank Yohootie

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Super organization - on time; very friendly; informative regarding local geography; delicious breakfast; very professional. We had a wonderful time in the air and had opportunity to take great pictures.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

We went as a family and had a memorable time. They work hard at pleasing and serving you. This was a great time. We met at 530am in the City Market lot. Then an hour drive up over the pass (gorgeous) and into South Park Valley.

We launched and when air borne you could see all the mountain range and most of thee 14er's. My only comment would be you don't fly very far. We went up and flew around for the one hour flight....but only traveled about a mile and half away.

Still an awesome experience and 1500 feet above the valley floor is something to remember.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

These folks and the ballooning experience was amazing! We were initially greeted by Cowboy My wife and two daughters surprised me with this wonderful gift on Father's Day.

We drove up to an open lot and were immediately greeted by Steve who really tries hard to entertain. He also has a memory like an elephant!

Our pilot Tommy has 40 years ballooning experience around the world and it showed. He allowed for the extra adventure and created the coveted special landing that we wanted - an absolute blast! The rest of the team were very kind and accommodating. The outdoor breakfast was delicious and plentiful for my large appetite and the Mimosa's and toast are special treat.

The owner thanked us all as we were departing and we all received a nice parting gift. If ballooning is on your "bucket list" as it was ours, I don't think you can find a better run operation than this one. Safety and fun - a winning combination!

2  Thank Wayne W
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I highly recommend this outfit for anyone wanting to go ballooning.

We went on August 13th and had a fantastic experience, it was everything we could have asked for from our first time ballooning.

1  Thank DaybreakCT