“Kids had fun”

55 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 101 helpful votes
“Kids had fun”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My 11 year old and 9 year old daughters did the hour and a half ride. They had a lot of fun. I wasn't very impressed by the customer service of those in charge of the riding. A few of the staff that were taking care of the horses didn't seem to like their job and appeared grumpy with the horses. We (the parents) didn't go on the ride so all my observations were just observing everything before our girls took off into the forest.It was 60 dollars for each child.

Kansas City, Missouri
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“A good experience for our family...a bit pricey...good food at Trails End”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We had a good experience as a family here. The staff was friendly and competent...especially in matching horses to riders. The group riding was less than 15....nice ride...nice meal with music at the end.

Overall a good experience...but a bit pricey. It is comparable to other riding outfits in the area as to price. It has an easy to find location if you stay in Breck, and offers nice photo opportunities.

Visited July 2012
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Nice way to see the mountains”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Better than walking the trails, the horses appeared to be taken care of and our wrangler really seemed to care about her hour as well as the others and called them all by name and corrected people who weren't as sure on horses or how to ride them. Great way to see the sights.

Golden, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“very sad and not impressed”
Reviewed August 16, 2012

The horses were not groomed. it rained the day before and they had mud caked on their backs - under the wet the blankets and tack
I had to let the guide know that some of the horses leads were dragging and the horses were walking on them. thought he should have paid more attention to that.
a gal in front of us was falling off her horse, the saddle was leaning to the far left - he checked the synch but didn't correct her problem until I mentioned it.
they had kids in the front of the pack on horses that wouldn't move. we stopped every few min waiting for them to get the horse going. after the 3rd stop the guide should have put a rope to the horse and guided it. if we were not stopping for them, the guide was stopping for no reason, chatting or checking his own saddle. Without stops that ride would have been an easy 45 min to 1 hour. (was an 1.5 hour ride on the nose.
They put 2 horses in line that kept biting and kicking each other. I was behind them and although I knew to keep my horse a good distance, we still were in the middle of several arguments between the horses. very unprofessional.
on the groupon it says - weather permitting.. it’s not. they are in this for the money. they will take the horses out during the pouring rain. I felt bad for all the horses there. Tempted to tell PITA. Very sad.

Just not impressed. Estes park rides were much more professional and enjoyed those rides. Try them if you want a good ride.

6 Thank Carrie L
Westminster, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't bring backpacks with you”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Yes, this is the only horseback riding trip I've ever been on where you can't bring your backpack with you. I don't know why that annoyed me so much when I found out. They say it's because they don't want people getting of their horse if you were to drop something. Well you wont drop anything if some type of bag is strapped to your back or a waist pack is on you. On this particular tour, I saw two packs of Kleenex on the trail! I have never seen so much litter on a trail before!!!
My mom called the day before confirming our ride time. We get their the next day and said our names were not there and we did not set up for a ride!! My mom did not spend over $100 to be treated like that! Good thing she brought a receipt!
The trip was VERY slow and I could not hear the guide because I was all they way in the back. The horses were so trained they were literally face to tail! Definitely not for people who have ridden horses before. I was not thrilled at all.
Then at the end of the trip, I wanted to get a picture of my horse with me because it was my birthday and one of the girls started yelling at the horses to get in their pin. It felt so rushed, the entire time.

WARNING: the pictures on the website are false advertising!

Visited July 2012