“Fun, but very expensive!”
Review of Peak 8 Fun Park

Peak 8 Fun Park
More attraction details
Owner description: One of three ski mountains in Breckenridge.
Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Fun, but very expensive!”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We took the free gondola ride to Peak 8 & found Peak 8 Fun Park. We decided to look around & I was very surprised at the prices, given the activities available. Since it was drizzling on & off, and the alpine slides were closed, we decided to let my son pick 1 thing to do...he chose the bungee trampoline. It cost $13 for 4 minutes of jump time. Ouch! BUT...the young man working the trampoline was wonderful. He made sure my son bounced high in the air, & he did such a good job in fact, that we tipped him extra money because he made my son's experience fun!

If you want to visit, buying the day pass is definitely the way to go. The kid's pass was $36 (I think) and the adult pass was in the $70 range.

I wouldn't return just because the adult passes are so expensive...if everyone had to pay $36, it would be worth it. But for what they have to offer, I think the adult passes are over priced.

If we were to go again, I would enjoy the free gondola ride up & down, and skip Peak 8 Park. There are plenty of cheaper, fun things to do in Breckenridge in my opinion!

Houston, Texas
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Awesome alpine slide”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I've never been to the park during the winter, so I can't comment on it for those times. However, during the summer the alpine slide is a blast. There are 3 slides to choose from, ranging from slow to fast. We've ridden both the medium and fast tracks and both are great. Although, on the fast slide beware of crazy teenagers speeding down the slide. They can get a little wild. The ride up the gondola is filled with fantastic views of the mountain and slide. It's good for both kids and adults!

Visited June 2012
Colorado Springs, Colorado
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun but pricey”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

Definitely worth checking out. The all-day pass is expensive $72 each), but I would recommend it over paying separately for each ride. You will want to ride the coaster and the alpine slide many times.

Laguna Niguel, California
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Better than we expected”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We were with 21 - 22 years olds so didn't spend the day, but we did ride the roller coaster which was lots of fun. It would be great place to take the family for the day and, while pricy, it is alot cheaper than a lift ticker.

Austin, Texas
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Soooo much fun!!!”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

First thing, yes it costs $72 adults and older children and about half that for youngers but, if your kids like to have high energy fun, even in a mountain vacation, it is the place for you. We went up the gondola (free) to check it out one afternoon. Everything looked so fun we decided to spend the day there the next day. Choose a good weather day so everything is open. It was not crowded no waits...we went right after CO kids are back in school. The rides were all enjoyable by all of us...my husband, myself and my kids aged 6 and 10. The coaster and slide are individual carts and you control the speed. The alpine slide is so fun...my kids loved being able to bungee jump over and over and over...in fact we rode all the rides multiple times. We spent our whole day there and took a break at lunch to ride the gondola back down to eat on Main and back up again for the rest of the day.

I know some say here it is expensive and yes the tickets cost money, but we really feel like we got our money's worth! I know when we visit CO again in the summer we will come back!