Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Made us feel like we were part of the family.

Great service, great equipment, great environment. Absolutely the best rental experience we have... read more

Reviewed April 16, 2022
B9144PXjohns
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
via mobile
Hands-down the Best!

After negative rental experiences on the last two ski trips (at Breck and elsewhere), I was very... read more

Reviewed March 16, 2022
martimbe2

Recommended experiences in and around Breckenridge
from $100.16
from $85.00
from $127.00
from $100.16
More Info
All reviews rental experience high performance rent skis great equipment main street gear boot shop slopes paperwork keystone skiers
Selected filters
Reviewed January 22, 2016

Booked early, got a discount for that. Probably best prices in the area when you do it that way. If you are skiing for more than a day, but not willing to invest in new top quality gear, ask to see the used rental clothes/helmets for sale. Can probably score yourself a decent kit for the few days you'll use them and come out cheaper than renting, maybe even be set enough for another trip! Definitely cheaper than buying new. Staff was helpful and everything went smoothly, even though the shop was full. Found a great casual snow hat in the bargain bin!

Not giving a 5 because the return was a bit confusing. I had two sets of skis, boots, and a some rental clothes. Took a couple of trips, but on the first trip, a staff member found my receipts and I went to get the rest for him to check in. After waiting for 10 minutes and watching the staff member assist a jerk who not only shut the front door in my face while I was loaded with gear, but also parked in a manner that blocked in every other spot in the parking lot (not the staff's fault, just added insult to injury), I noticed that the rest of the staff had become uneasy and finally asked the staff if he was going to finish. He responded, "She's done when she brings the boots back!" ... I'd been sitting there with the boots for 10 minutes... and was the only other customer in the store besides Johnny Jerkface. So, probably just a one-off, but hence the 4 and not 5.

Reviewed January 15, 2016 via mobile

These guys managed to make the rental experience enjoyable which is no mean feat! Friendly team, no mucking around and looked after kids well. Gear was good quality and comfortable. Highly recommended

2  Thank BrendanC1307
Reviewed January 3, 2016 via mobile

My adult daughter and I rented skis and had the best experience! We walked into the store without a reservation during the busiest week of the year. The staff greeted us at the door and helped us select high performance equipment that matched the conditions. The equipment worked great. I had to get a larger helmet and pads for my shins after the first day and it was very easy. Had the same experience where a staff member met me at the door and made the swap in 5 mins. The price was the same as other online reservations in the same area. I highly recommend them and will use them again!

Reviewed December 29, 2015

We have rented our equipment from Blue River for about the past 6 or 7 years. Always spot on and always there to help. Would not hesitate to recommend them to anyone needing rental gear....

Date of experience: January 2015
2  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed December 24, 2015 via mobile

Best ski rental place I've been to in 25 years of skiing. Efficient, caring and an excellent product. They were so concerned each of the 4 times I went in there. Switched this year at Breckinridge when Breck sports (or the one at the base of peak 8) upped their prices again and the service was always so poor, unconcerned and like a cattle call. Blue River is probably locally owned and each employee was wonderful. It was also about 30-40% cheaper. Possibly the highlight of the trip as the slopes were packed.

Date of experience: December 2015