Open today: 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Review Highlights
Made us feel like we were part of the family.

Great service, great equipment, great environment. Absolutely the best rental experience we have... read more

Reviewed April 16, 2022
B9144PXjohns
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
via mobile
Hands-down the Best!

After negative rental experiences on the last two ski trips (at Breck and elsewhere), I was very... read more

Reviewed March 16, 2022
martimbe2

Recommended experiences in and around Breckenridge
from $100.16
from $85.00
from $127.00
from $100.16
More Info
All reviews rental experience great equipment skis boot helmets shop paperwork keystone
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great people and service !! We reserved on-line at the last minutes and they said they would try their best to accommodate one of the performance packages that we asked. Got there and everything were readied.

They took their time to get us in our boots, skis, helmets, and get the bindings correct - making sure my kids are comfortable in their boots and how to get them on and off. All the folks there are super friendly and efficient. All 4 of us got in and out in less than 30 minutes.

The prices are reasonable and very competitive - and they seemed to have newer (3 years or less) equipments than others. Make sure you reserved ahead of time to get the discounts. Damage waiver are included in the prices - which came handy when I broke one of their poles (don't ask) ;-)

Overall very pleasant experience - I wished every ski shop is like this. Definitely the only rental for us when we are back in Breck !!

Date of experience: March 2013
2  Thank MikeInSugarland
Reviewed March 18, 2013

The prices at Blue River Sports can't be beat! But more importantly, the service is exceptional! Nick and Sam were so enthusiastic with our children as they got measured for snowboarding equipment for the first time! They were extremely organized. Sarah was awesome, kind, and helpful, too! Pick up your equipment between 8 and 9 the night before! Super fast and easy! Reserve your equipment online for a stress free experience!

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We have been skiing 20+ years at major resorts and renting our skies at local rental shops wherever we go. We have never experienced the problems that we did at Blue River Sports in Breckenridge, CO. First, I would like to say the positive things about this place - the staff was courteous and cheerful - which is the only reason I don't give them a lesser rating. However, the ski boots they put my wife in, ended up bruising the front of her ankle where the leg and foot meet. We took the boots back at the end of the first day and the next "expert" told her that the first guy put her in a boot that was too big (ok we have a problem here). He gave her a size smaller and told her to wear it extremely tight. The outcome of that advice was that she only made one run at Keystone that day. We took the boot back and they gave her a third size and again instructed her to wear the boot very tight.. Well she was in too much pain from the bruise she got from the boot to ski the third day and sat that one out. On the fourth day, we headed up the slope in Breckenridge and she did as she was instructed by the "expert" at Blue River Sports and wore the boot very tight and on the first run it hurt so much she was going to give up. I told her to just try loosening the upper buckles and that released the pressure on her boot related bruise that she was able to go ahead and get a whole day of skiing in. Asking for advice on ski boot rentals at Blue River Sports, is like asking the IRS a question about taxes - there is no uniformity in the advice they give. We did talk to a man that said he was a "manager" about this and they did not offer us any compensation for my wife missing two of four days of her ski trip due to the first boot they put her in. This experience has taught us that it is not worth ruining a vacation depending on the expertise of a ski rental company - we are going to buy my wife a pair of custom fitted ski boots before the next ski trip.

Date of experience: March 2013
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Read reviews here and reserved skis in advance. Got to Breckenridge before slopes opened. Blue River Sports on far end of town from parking lot under peek 9. Got assisted right away boots sized, skis poles and then across street to slopes. Get locker at Blue River if you don't plan on going to locker while skiing it is cheaper. They did mess up on sizing my boot to bindings and I had to go back. They re-sized my bindings right away and then refunded my money for the ski rental. Off I went, no problems after that. They did right by me and my son.

Date of experience: February 2013
1  Thank Krelly
Reviewed January 24, 2013

They fit our skis perfectly, had excellent equipment and a large staff that had us in and out in no time. Very convenient to the slopes and great discount for booking prior to arrival. Cannot say enought about the quality of service. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Date of experience: March 2012