“Incredibly convenient and beautiful - and...”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
DeAnn-in...
Wichita, Kansas
“Incredibly convenient and beautiful - and affordable”
Reviewed March 13, 2013 for a stay in February 2013

We wanted to stay in a place that was beautiful and convenient, but it also needed to be affordable. The Mountaineer #1 was all of that. It was perfect for our four couples as some wanted to ski and some did not. The skiers loved that it was a true ski in/ ski out. We were steps away from the Snowflake lift where we could buy our lift tickets and rent skis as well. We could ski down and just walk across the road at the end of the day or drop in for lunch or a snack. Everyone liked the comfortable beds, the hot tub, the beautiful interior and plenty of seating for eating and playing the games and puzzles we found.
We'd have liked more parking as we had 4 cars and only two parking spaces. That was a minor inconvenience easily compensated by the overall experience. Peak Property Management advised us where to park the extra cars and made check in and check out quick and simple.
This was far better than renting 4 hotel rooms. It was beautiful, convenient and affordable.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Great value
Liked least: Parking limited to two spaces
Traveling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
“great time”
Reviewed November 27, 2012 for a stay in November 2012

We stayed at the Mountaineer unit for Thanksgiving week, 2012. Very convenient to start the day on the Snowflake lift, but due to being early in the season and Four-o-Clock run being closed it was best to come back to the unit on the bus which drops you off at the Snowflake lift. The unit was very clean and had upgrades to the bathrooms and kitchen. Well stocked kitchen - we had no problem cooking a complete Thanksgiving dinner. Very comfortable for our crew of six. The private hot tub was very nice with a view of the mountain. Heat took a couple days to get regulated to a comfortable level. It is a 4 level unit so negotiating stairs reminds you of the altitude! Highly recommend the unit. If Four-o-Clock was open it would be a perfect ski-in, ski-out unit.

Luxury-minded travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Best condo on the mountain!”
Reviewed April 18, 2012 for a stay in April 2012

Thank you Peak Property for helping us find the perfect vacation spot! We had never been to Breckenridge, so I wasn't sure about where to stay. Mountaineer Townhomes was perfect for us. Right by Snowflake Lift, with a private hot tub, and a short walk to town. We loved it. And after looking around for the 5 days we were there, I never saw a place where I would have rather stayed. The 4 BR condo was perfect for our 2 families. We especially enjoyed seeing the friendly racoons and foxes...but glad we didn't see bears=) Everyone we talked to in your office was friendly and knowledgeable. Thanks again for all you did to make this a great trip for us!

A romantic getaway
A TripAdvisor Member
“Updated, great beds, lots of room just amazing place to stay,”
Reviewed February 9, 2012 for a stay in January 2012

I would suggest this place to stay if you like the finer things, we have stayed in Breckenridge for the last six years and this is one place I will look forward to returning to. The place makes the trip a memory. Service was at a phone call away if we needed it, but everything was new so the week went great.

Luxury-minded travelers
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great place but is noisy.”
Reviewed March 17, 2011 for a stay in February 2011

Pros:
I loved the location and layout of the place. There was plenty of storage for all of our gear. There was 7 of us and we never felt cramped. The heated garage was a perfect place to store snowboarding equipment.

I liked being able to see the part of the lift through the window so we always knew when it opened. Being able to board back down near the place at the end of the day was great.

We did not have a car so relied on our feet and the free bus system. The bus stop close by has day and night routes which allowed us to explore the town some.

The hot tub was a good size, fitting four adults comfortably.

Cons:

Heating system made a lot of noise and woke us up regularly during the night. The mgmt was notified of this so they may have looked into it.

Beds were not very comfortable.

Overall I would recommend this place to couples and couples with children. It has a great location, is spacious with plenty of parking and storage.

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
Management Response
Mar 17, 2011
PROPERTY UPDATE: The new owner of this property has taken steps to make the heating system much quieter. Also, they have replaced the King-sized bed in the master bedroom and the Queen-sized bed in the fourth bedroom.
Pensacola FL
Reviewed December 30, 2010 for a stay in December 2010

Traveling group: Friends
Your age range 25-34
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great home, great location, great vacation.”
Reviewed February 24, 2010 for a stay in February 2010

This is our second time staying in one of the mountaineer townhomes, and the mountaineer will always be our first choice in Breckenridge when we have a large group. We had two families, nine persons total, and this townhome is perfectly sized for 9-10 people. We liked this particular end unit better than the interior unit of several years ago, as the hot tub is not cramped under an overhang, but is on an open deck.

The daily snow plowing of the drive is appreciated, though care should be taken to leave a path on the side away from the townhomes to facilitate 'ski in- ski out' to the snowflake lift.

The kitchen is mostly well furnished. A crock pot and rectangle cookie sheet would be nice additions. The TV in the downstairs bedroom did not work, and the one in the family room is dated. A slightly larger flat screen would be a nice upgrade. [Most of our time is spent outdoors and normally we would have been playing card or board games at night, but with the Winter Olympics on during our stay, a better TV would have been appreciated.]

Overall, we absolutely love The Mountaineer townhomes. We think the location can't be beat with easy ski out or walk to the snowflake lift, and easy ski in down the road side off the Four O'Clock run to return to the home. The homes are roomy and furnished well, and convenient to town.

I will also commend Blue River Sports for rental equipment. This was by far our best ski rental experience ever. Their prices are some of the best around, the equipment is high quality and well tuned, and they are extremely efficient.

Thanks for another wonderful Breckenridge vacation!

Eric.

Liked best: Location, comfort
Liked least: Price could always be lower!
Traveling group: Family with teenagers
Your age range 45-54
Friends getaway Families with young children
Families with teenagers Tourists
Large groups
Management Response
Feb 24, 2010
PROPERTY UPDATE: The new owner of this property has replaced the old TV with a nice sized flat screen for that bedroom. There is also a large new flatscreen mounted in the living room. I'm sure our guest will enjoy the 2012 Summer Games on this new set. Go USA!
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
No pets
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing