Great for access to the piste. It's not even a couple of minutes from the hotel across the road and car park to the Lower Lehman (green run) that allows you to ski down to the Quicksilver Chair. If you don't want to carry your skis, the valet staff will drive them across the road.
It's a 10 minute walk to town but less if you use the piste and there is always a complimentary shuttle available.
very spacious and the largest of three on our stay but quite dark. The bathroom was dark and though lit, didn't realise how dark until we got to Washington when it became so much easier to shave in the mirror. The room lacked storage hooks and ability to hang and dry wet ski gear.
The hotel: 9 years ago when we visited (then the GDL) we got frustrated by a lift and a long walk to the lobby and restaurant. 9 years later we fully understood other TA reviews and frustrations when we had TWO lifts and equally long walks to contend with. I know it's an odd shaped building that hugs the contours of the hill but someone from Hilton needs to live the customer experience here and feel the frustration of the walk and frustration of not just one but two small lifts that serve the entire hotel.
The hotel is also served by two restaurants at breakfast but is served poorly by poor signage or language skills as to who can eat where. We gather that paying customers get to eat in the fully stocked buffet restaurant - while customers on a continental breakfast basis suffer the restaurant stocked only with scrambled eggs, croissants and cake. Wherever we have travelled in the world, I don't think I've seen such a poor offering. Again, someone from Hilton needs to travel and discover what a continental breakfast can and should amount to.
The staff: despite what you may read on TA the staff are really good, welcoming, helpful and professional. I witnessed true professionalism by valet boys despite the most disagreeable customers; efficient and fast responses from customer care to safe, power and hair dryer failures; and a fixed light bulb reported by housekeeping that we had yet to report ourselves. All of this suggested good training and management. The complimentary shuttle bus was ever present and when not, to get you where you want to go, replaced by a land cruiser. With a little prompting a free wi-fi code was also made available.
This is not a bad hotel but at a corporate level Hilton would do well to shake this hotel up so that it reaches it's brand standard, but please, leave the staff alone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Breckenridge is a true mountain experience offering views of the majestic Rocky Mountains. Our full service hotel is directly across the street from Peak 9 of the world renowned Breckenridge ski resort. The chair lift is within walking distance from the hotel. We are also only a 10-minute walk to historical Main Street where you can find a variety of shops, dining options and exciting Gold Rush history! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, HotelPower, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelsforEveryone, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree By Hilton Breckenridge Hotel Breckenridge
- Great Divide Hotel
- Great Divide Breckenridge