“Convenient Location”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, United States
“Convenient Location”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

The DoubleTree is conveniently located within walking distance of the main street of Breckenridge. There is also close access to ski lifts. The bed was very comfortable. New carpeting could help the ambiance.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree. We are so happy that you had a wonderful experience with all of our staff members, and enjoyed our convenient proximity to main town. We appreciate you giving us the chance to share our improvements with you, and we will certainly celebrate your kind commentary with our entire team. We look forward to providing your future accommodations in all seasons!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
ft. lauderdale, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2013

good location, friendly staff. reaching honors floor long walk and 2 elevators, not the best. breakfast was good and choice of buffet or menu. pool and hot tub clean. i would think that you would have a different rate of valet and self parking but not.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with others. I have passed along your feedback about parking charges to the appropriate team members. We hope to see you again soon at the DoubleTree Breckenridge.
Eureka, CA
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed 3 nights at this hotel and absolutely loved it. We had reservations for a standard non smoking two queen room and ended up getting upgraded to a junior suite of some sort. We had a pull out couch and a balcony overlooking the mountain (which was awesome since it snowed for the first time in the season on our trip). We enjoyed the warm cookies at check in as well. Also, the free shuttle service was a savior! We were in town for a wedding and had never been to the area so not having to figure out where things were around town and not having to find parking was great! We did however wish you offered a free breakfast, since we ate with the family for most meals we didn't have a chance to try the restaurant. We also wish you had free self parking. Paying $15 a night to park my own card was a bit ridiculous. All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would probably stay again if in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. We work very hard to make sure every guest has a positive experience to share with others. We appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. See you again next time!
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at this doubletree during our summer trip to Breckenridge. My parents had a two bedroom condo at the Grand Timber Lodge and we stayed here for one night while they watched the kids. The location was good being close to most of the main restaurants and shopping area, but the hotel was substandard. The hotel was dated and had a stale smell in the halls and our room. This may be due to the renovations taking place. There is no AC and our room faced the sun so it got rather hot during the day. The breakfast buffet was also a disappointment. We ate early but it appeared as though most of the food had been sitting out for a while. We only stayed one night but we were really disappointed with the hotel compared to the Grand Timber Lodge.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
I am very sorry your experience with us was substandard. We take pride in ensuring all of our guests are truly happy. Thank you for sharing your experience. I wil be sharing it with the rest of the team, using it as training. I hope you come back and let us shine for you!
Colorado Springs, United States
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at the Doubletree in Breckenridge during a night away. The fall colors in Breckenridge were so beautiful. The service at the Doubletree was exceptional and the breakfast was delicious! We purchased the Bed and Breakfast package and it was a wonderful value. The full breakfast buffet is normally $18 per person and it was included in our hotel rate. Awesome!

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We couldn't be more appreciative for your comments! Thank you for sharing and we can't wait to have you back to spoil you once again!
Grapevine, United States
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Dirty carpets, overrunning trash cans in public areas not emptied for days. Old room service trays sat in hall for 12-14 hrs. Elevator out of service many times. We have had much better visits to other Hilton Hotels in the U.S. We liked the location as it was walking distance to Main St in Breckenridge. However, I don't think we will be staying there again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
I want to offer my apologies for your experience with us. I have discussed your concerns with the appropriate team members, and I can assure you that these issues won't occur again. I hope you will give us another chance your next visit to Breckenridge.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed October 8, 2013

First of all, the town of Breckenridge deserves a review in and of itself. Absolutely beautiful & breath-taking, quaint tourist/resort areas, good dining. The staff in that town, generally speaking, are stuffy brats. But, on to the hotel review.

We checked in on a Friday night. I was under the impression that there was self-parking; however, it must have been due to the weekend that it was valet-only. I was told by the valet that, in either event, the cost was $15 which included 24-hr in/out privileges. Gave him the keys.

Check-in went smoothly, which was appreciated as it was later in the evening and my wife & I had just driven up from Salida. The lobby was welcoming and cozy. Complimentary cookies were awesome. We proceeded up to our room, which was relatively huge/long and whose door was still adorned by the last tenants' used wine glass. The two king beds were laughable - a king mattress slapped atop two full-size spring boxes. No skirt to even hide this fact. It made for a pretty uncomfortable sleep both nights. The down pillows were nice. The mini-fridge was also nice, though there was no frikkin microwave to heat anything up. So it kind of made the fridge seem like an insult.

I had to retrieve some things from my parked vehicle. This is where I got a little miffed. I first went to the front desk and presented my valet ticket. He radioed to the valets and told me it would be just a minute, they would bring the car up for me. At least 5 minutes went by as I watched through the lobby window, and no car out front. So I went to the valet outside to repeat my request. He directed me downstairs to the parking garage, saying he would have the parking guy meet me there. After the parking guy looked me in the eye as he parked two other cars, I finally stopped him and requested my keys. Gathered my things and made it a point to not forget anything in the car after that.

Position relative to town & Main St. is good - you can walk if you bundle up.

Walls. Paper thin, as evidenced by the late-night audio loveshow we got from our neighbors. We may or may not have returned the favor, can't say.

Heating unit. Digital thermostat was nice; however, the delivery vent is right next to the sliding glass doors and is half-covered by drapery. I had to crank the t-stat to about 85 to get a comfortable (approximate) 71-73.

Would I stay again? Yes, probably. This was a rewards stay, and I can only imagine what the going rate is during ski season. I would only split it with a bunch of people, don't think I could pay full price for a room unless it was a remarkable deal. Or the discrepancies were resolved.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
I am sorry that we didn't meet your expectations on this visit. I appreciate your feedback and and am sharing it with the rest of the team to ensure we handle things differently in the future. I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.