“Great stay at the Double Tree Breckenridge”

DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Breckenridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is great hotel to stay at for a ski trip. We really liked that you could walk across the parking lot and onto the chairlift. The ski lockers were great and we did not have to haul our skis up to the room. The level of service was amazing from the valet to the front desk everyone was great! Sure they only have $25 valet parking but this is Breckenridge. Any of the parking lots that close to the hill are at least that much. When we came back from our night on the town I was craving something sweet to eat but had nothing. The person at the front desk happily gave me a couple of warm cookies! Nice! We would stay here again as we got a great deal online. Rooms were Nice and big a little dated but the bed was very nice. Only issue is no air conditioning. Not a big deal in the winter but would be a deal breaker for the summer.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Chris T, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2013

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the DoubleTree. We are so happy that you enjoyed our location and the service of our staff. We hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in town!

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Breckenridge

Reviewed April 1, 2013

Outstanding service, very friendly. Excellent location to Peak 9 lift which was accross parking lot. Easy ski rental in the hotel. Valet was super fast every day. Restaurant food was excellent and drinks at Happy hour were fantastic! Highly recommend. Hotel is steps away from main street where there was plenty of other shopping, restaurants and activities. We checked out a day early as our kids were sunburned and the hotel did not charge us anything to leave early. Cookies were delicious.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again next season!

Reviewed March 31, 2013

I booked two rooms for two nights at the doubletree Breckinridge. The property was substandard for a doubletree. The rooms were old and worn down. I do not recommend this hotel.

Construction of the property: Upon check in I asked for an upgrade. I was told that there were "no rooms below the transfer point". Not fully understanding what they meant I just asked for a room with a view. I was told my room would be on the 8th floor and I have a view of the mountains. As I made my way to my room, I realized how important it was to be "below" the transfer point. Your first walk is to the main elevator (approximately 100 yards). Then you wait... And wait. There is only one elevator and it takes a while during busy season. After you get on the first elevator, you have to then walk another 50 yards to the next elevator. Then you wait... And wait. Then you have to walk to your room. In all, I estimated a 200 yard walk to get to my room. This hotel advertises that they are slope side. When you account for the poor hotel design, there are many better options in Breckenridge to find easy access to the slopes. Oh by the way, the "mountain view" they promised was a view of a concrete wall.

Breakfast / Food: the staff and the quality of the food are average. I had both dinner and breakfast at the hotel. There was nothing special about either.

Valet: I paid $25/day to have my car managed by valet. They walked around my car upon check-in (apparently looking for damage). This should have been a red flag. I told the valet my car was brand new and there was not a scratch to be found. He laughed. When I got my car back at the end of the trip someone has set a duffle on the hood of my car and dragged the luggage across the top. The hotel refused liability and told me the repair was my responsibility.

Operations: to make matters worse, I was called at 2:00 a.m. by their "accounting department" asking me if I would be checking in that evening. I am really at a loss of words here...

I suggest you strongly consider other options before booking this property.

Room Tip: Get a room BELOW the "transfer point".
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your recent review. We’re sorry we didn’t provide the high quality of services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we have addressed the issues you mentioned. We try to make each guest experience a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity soon to make your stay the best it can be.

Reviewed March 30, 2013

3 day ski vacation. Excellent accommodation, it's the staff that makes this hotel outstanding. I found them well informed of activities. Helpful, polite and professional. I just got home and am planning my next visit to Breckenridge. I won't stay anywhere else. In addition the breakfast buffet was superior fresh croissants daily. Excellent!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review of your stay at the DoubleTree Breckenridge. I have passed this review along for all of our staff to see what a great stay you had with us. We look forward to you staying with us again soon!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Before staying here, I was a little skeptical based upon past reviews. I could happily say that I could not have been happier with the accommodations. The rooms are perfect, the hot tub outside is absolutely amazing, and the hotel is right off the slopes I mean perfect location. The staff at this location are incredibly friendly. The valet took care of all of our ski equipment, there is a shuttle bus that will happily drive and pick you up around town, and the staff are willing to do anything to help you have a good time. The only thing I could say is that I requested an upgrade to a nicer room which I was told it would be yet I don't think it was. Although I didn't pay for it, it would have been nice of them to actually have done it.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you for your recent review of your experience at our property. I am thrilled that you had such a great stay and that our staff was accommodating. I hope that you will stay with us again next season!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights and to be fair it was Spring Brak week, right before Easter. We had a room in the 5 th floor with a view. Very clean and beds are comfy. However it could use some freshening up. We have a water stain on our ceiling and there isa huge amount of dust on lamp shade. Wallpaper and border need to go!

Valet is quick and the staff here is friendly and accommodating

The pool is small and the area with 3 hot tubs is small. Not big enough for the number of rooms/travelers.

The breakfast buffet is a disaster. It should not be a surprise to the management that it is spring break. Coupons for breakfast are for cold not hot. For example, if my family of four all had the hot breakfast it would have been $ 24 with the coupon. The breakfast bar was so picked over and messy at 830 in the am.

My service rating des not include breakfast staff!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Deb H

Thank you for your recent review. I apologize that our breakfast buffet did not meet your expectations. We are beginning the third phase of our renovations this month which will include updating our guest rooms. I hope that you will visit us again soon to see our improvements!

Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

The rooms are very big and wonderful for a family. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The only down sides are firstly the very expensive in room Internet. Even with the expense of it it is unbelievably slow. The other is that there is no in house spa. Such a pity! But over all it is a great place.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank TintswaloLodges

Thank you for your recent review. I apologize for the inconveniences you experienced with our in room internet. I hope that you will stay with us again if you are in the area!